We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanksgiving

mn
2 posts
Save Topic
thanksgiving

looking to travel around thanksgiving week is that a busy time in the cancun area,would rather go when less busy

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thanksgiving

Definately not busy the week before Thanksgiving. Also definately not busy the weeks after Thanksgiving. Sorry haven't been there the week of Thanksgiving.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,274 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thanksgiving

I've been there twice over Thanksgiving and each time it was "less busy". I suspect it will be less busy this year, too.

North Syracuse, New...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thanksgiving

We have been over Thanksgiving week several times. Not overly crowded at all, just right for us. The weather is also a plus this time of year, humidity is less and hurricane season is over. If your trying to avoid a busy time don't go on or near Easter week.

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thanksgiving

We love Thanksgiving week - going to Sun Palace 11-23 to 12-3! We've been 3 times before at this time and the weather has been perfect. As "droptine" said, low humidity and hurricance season is over. The temperature is awesome and less vacationers. Plus the price is much lower than going over Christmas when it's crazy high and no matter what, we want to avoid the "Spring Break" crowd.

Happy travels everyone.

~S

Va
Level Contributor
11,131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year. The weather is typically good. The crowds are light. The prices are low. We have been going that time of year for many years.

mn
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: thanksgiving

thanks for all the good information,i guess i will start searching for some deals

Northwest Ohio
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thanksgiving

Have been going yearly for the past seven years and find it to be "just right". Perfect weather, not too crowded and still lower rates. You will find it quite enjoyable!

cancun
Level Contributor
32 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thanksgiving

While there are some visitors from the United States who will take a long holiday weekend here called a punte(a bridge) it is not a very busy time of the year. Most 4 or 5 star hotels should offer a typical Thanksgiving Day meal. You can also get a very moderately priced Thanksgiving Dinner at Sanborns located in Plaza las America. Hope you will enjoy your visit.

9. Re: thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 09:17