We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Cancun Room Question???

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Cancun Room Question???

OK, Riu Cancun experts, we need your help!

Double room or junior suite? Main bulding or annex?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Va
Level Contributor
10,676 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Cancun Room Question???

Help yourself and use the search feature. You will find your question has been asked and answered 15281 times. If that isn't enough check out riubambu.com

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Cancun Room Question???

www.riubambu.com

click enter, mexico then click on the "riu" app on the map in the Cancun area, then select the resort. great website.

missouri
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Cancun Room Question???

Thanks for the help. I already tried searching, but don't have hours to devote to weeding through the reviews and forums. Was just hoping for quick answers from the helpful tripadvisor members. =) Hopefully, I can find some free computer time before we leave.

And I will definitely check out the riubamba.com! Thanks guys!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Cancun Room Question???

sunngod...

Stick to Florida, your response was rude.

To the OP , I hope a DE will help out.

Trip Advisor Forum or what? Just sayin...

NJ
Level Contributor
554 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Cancun Room Question???

I have stayed at this hotel many times, I have stayed in the Jr Suite and in the main building and here are the differences between the two:

The Jr suites are in the annex building, the rooms are slightly larger, you do have your own set of elevators (which will help you avoid some lines at the main elevators) The annex building is a six story building close to the pool and the activity areas.

The standard rooms are in the main building which is 15 stories tall, avoid the thirteenth floor the views are obstructed, and also avoid the lower floors - obstructed views, and can be noisy.

For my money I like the standard (double) room in the main building, I do not think the Jr suites are that much larger, and I think you get a better view from the main building. For the best view ask for a room near the center of the V (or close to the elevators) for a more quiet room ask for a room at the end of the hall. I like to be above the seventh floor, from that distance the noise from the pool area (with the patio door open) is minimal.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Cancun Room Question???

judyjudyjudy9

In defence of sungod, you’ll get a lot more information via the search box. Never seen a thread yet that covers everything. No need to read hotel reviews, just search the forum on RIU Cancun and ask your question in the search box. Sungod didn’t see the post that said they didn’t have time to read up on lots of threads. Whenever I’m going somewhere new, I just use the search box and only asking questions when I can’t find the info.

Just think it’s a useful tool to use.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,635 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Cancun Room Question???

I agree with the last poster...the search feature is probably one of the easiest to use, but least used features on this board. The problem is there is nothing on TripAdvisor that recommends a poster (likely to be a first-time poster or newbie) to search. I can see both sides. but how many times do you need to ask "junior suite or not". TA also added "Top Questions" and "Intineraries" not too long ago, and they are also rarely used.

8. Re: Riu Cancun Room Question???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 20:17