We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency exchange

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
577 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
currency exchange

Any one know what is the current exchange rate you get from ATMs in Cancun? Debating if I should order from my bank before I go, want to know the difference to decision if save all the hassel to order from bank. Thanks all!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,267 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency exchange

oanda.com will show you the current interbank rates (the ATM rate should be close). You can also print a small currency exchange cheat sheet to bring with you.

It is always best to get currency in the country where it is used. I have a Chase Select account, and am supposed to be able to buy currency without fees as a result. Sure, there may be no fee, but when the euro was trading at $1.22 they wanted to sell me euros at $1.45. I'd rather just wait and use the ATM machine when I arrive.

suitcaseready.com

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency exchange

I got 12.3 pesos/dollar a hotel desk a couple weeks ago. Wait to exchange money until you get there..

3. Re: currency exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 18:16