We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Blues

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,074 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Blues

I often read on these forums about post holiday blues but , from this London Telegraph article, it appears our British friends suffer the most:

telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/8787548/Br…

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
139 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,057 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,382 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
159 reviews
from US$49.00*
connecticut
Level Contributor
601 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Blues

it is a sad time : ( as in the article, I start looking for the next trip !!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,074 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Blues

I think most people do. I always need to have something in the works to look forward to.

connecticut
Level Contributor
601 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Blues

exactly Robert !!! the anticipation is almost as much fun......although with only 10 sleeps left, I'm sick of anticipating, I just want to be there !

texas
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Blues

I'm dealing with the post vacation blues. Unfortunately I don't know when my next vacation will be.

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Blues

i have post holiday blues and i am from the uk! i think we suffer more from this as we never have a lovely summer here and the weather is always pretty rubbish! we got back from cancun only 2 weeks ago and i wish i was there right now...i am planning another trip hopefully next year! our usual holiday to spain just wont cut it now we have been to mexico! xx

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Blues

I'm leaving cancun tomorrow for the uk and my post holiday blues are already kicking in! I don't want to go home!!!

Chapin, South...
Level Contributor
683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Blues

My Holiday Blues will start on 12-4 ~ that's when we'll be back in Michigan from the Sun Palace ~ our home-away-from home! While, we can't wait until 11-23 (when we're headed there), we're already dreading our departure from Cancun... we're trying to figure out how we can just live there forever (lol)... until then, we'll work our fannies off to look forward to returning.

Happy and safe travels to all!

~S

dorset
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Blues

Got back Friday, depressed is an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Blues

I don't think I was ever as depressed coming home as the first time. (2002) Now I know how I'm going to feel - and I think I am more prepared to feel that way. I like to get out of the resort EARLY our last day -- no point in sitting around, just to wait for your ride and dwelling!

I agree - the only cure for the holiday blues is to start researching that next holiday, right away!

Colorado
Level Contributor
987 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Blues

I cant wait to get back, but it will probably not happen until next spring.....

I have pics all over my office of the resorts I have stayed in.....it keeps me focused......