We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions

Should I book them at Live Aqua or should I book them online before my trip? My wife wants to do 3 full day and 3 half day excursions in a 10 day period including the holidays how many does everybody suggest because I want to relax

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

I would book when you get there, you never know what could happen when booking before you get there.

One thing to think of ......Once you get off the beach and go inland ITS HOT. Pretty hard t obeat relaxing on the beach

Alberta
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

I would probably do 3 or 4 over 10 days and rest at the beach for the others. When we go to Cancun we always wait until we are there to book.

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

I so agree ~ that's what vacations are for... relax, unwind, forget about work, kids, schedules, etc.

We always get to our resort and do nothing for the first 2 full days, then discuss 'possibly' what we 'might' want to do ~ sometimes it's an excursion like shopping, the ruins, being away from the resort all day ~ but more often, it's more like back to our beach chair, having someone bring us a drink and lunch, heading to the spa for a massage, back to the room for a nap, having a glass a wine, getting ready for dinner, .... well you get the picture.

With our busy schedules at work we really don't want to do much on vacation except relax, re-group, have someone wait on us and get to know each all over again....

Whatever your decide, have a wonderful, sun-filled and relaxing vacation.

~S

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

I research all of the options and choose what we want to do ahead of time. We deside when to book it after we arrive to our resort. Sometimes we don't book it at all and get our own transportation and just pay at the entrance. We try not to committ to anything, until we feel in the mood!!!!! Definately don't book from home ahead of time.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,228 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions

what type of excursions do you want

many can be done yourself

(and wait till you get there)

Going to the Ruins on an overcast cooler day is much more preferred

6. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 12:18