We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours

Florida
Level Contributor
846 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Tours

Is it cheaper to book tours on my own or should I just go with what the hotel offers?

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours

I've always found cheaper tour rates by shopping around for them once I arrive there. I always book them on my own as well.

Florida
Level Contributor
846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours

Thanks for your reply. I would rather shop around now before the trip online so I don't have to waste time when I am there. We will only be there 4-5 days. Would you recommend any companies I would be able to look up online?

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours

I've only used one tour agency while staying in Cancun and that was Best Day Tours but there are many others available. Here are some links for you:

Best Day Tours - www.bestday.com.

Maya Land Travel Agency is another I know of - www.mayaland.com.

Lomas Travel - www.lomas-travel.com

Good luck!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
573 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours

I booked all my tours: airport transfer, chichen itza, coba tulum, and xel-ha through Charlie Drew! He offered the lowest price and the best service! He waited in our hotel to greet us upon our arrival! We felt very welcome. All the tours went smoothly this week, we had a great time! You can check out his website at: www.charliedrewcancun.com

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
626 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours

Hard to beat www.entertainment-plus.net/ for price and service. Have done many private tours through them and for groups of four or more, I find private tours the way to go.

6. Re: Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 22:16