We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private guides

Bedford
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Private guides

Hey

Can anyone send me the details of any private guides for cancun? Want to go see the sites with a reliable guide.

Many thanks

Alex

Chapin, South...
Level Contributor
683 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private guides

Great question alex ~ we we wondering this also. We'll be in Cancun for 10 days and while we've had some great suggestions (thanks c-busdawg) for some things to do ~ it would be great to rent a car and guide for 1/2 or 1 day to show us the sites.

When we once went to Puerto Vallarta we rented a cab with a guide for an unbelievably low price and it was wonderful!

Not even sure Cancun would offer this - although I think one could inquire at their hotel and it could be arranged.

What a great idea... hmmmm I think we'll check this out!

~S

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private guides

It will be hard to find a private tour, I think. I never have seen anyone selling, or pushing it.

I would look at the malls. There are always independent companies selling any thing, and everything there is to do in Cancun. Or, try a cab as earlier suggested. Problem there is, most of the cabbies are rough on the edges, poor english, etc..... Better yet, contact the hotel and see who they recommend.

Chris

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private guides

It is not that hard to find a private tour guide, check here

http://cancunwithme.com/

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
611 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private guides

If it's only Cancun you wish to "tour" then you don't need a guide - Just a resort map and plenty change for 8.5 peso bus journey's.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private guides

Nice job BVG_Steve!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private guides

I just did a Goggle search on private guides in Cancun. Found BVG_Stere's ref,and more. 3 different ones w/out even scrolling down.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
626 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private guides

We arrange for private tours through www.entertainment-plus.net. For the most part they just provide an English speaking driver and at principal attractions you hire a licensed guide. They do a guided city tour for up to 10 for $140 for 4 hours + $30 per additional hour.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Private guides

For the name of an individual who provides private tours, check your PMs for a name and contact info.

9. Re: Private guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 22:17