We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

Utah
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

Thinking of staying here for honeymoon in August, any tips?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

We stayed there. It is beautiful but very large and impersonal and we found it dificult to see the same people two days running so making new friends was difficult. The beach is man made and poor and the hotel is quite far from anywhere but that could be perfect for a honeymoon.

Homesick.

NY
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

I went with my inlaws, wife and brother inlaws last Christmas/New Years and had a wonderful time. The service was great, rooms were large, the jacuzzi was nice in the room and the Spa treatments were great. The only drawback in my opinion was the lagoon. It is not a real beach. The sand is rocky. There are no waves coming in. If you want the beach experience, take a day trip or 2 to XPU-HA. That place has a nice beach. Aventura Spa resort overalll was awesome. We had planned on going back this Feb 19th until we found out a convention was planned and there was going to be kids there. I would choose this place for my honeymoon over the Sandals in Jamaica I went too in a second. We loved Aventura.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

Hi,

Don't go to ASP if you love a great beach, delicious food/drinks, and not willing to get up at 7 am to catch a free pool lounger.

We went last winter, well it was nice - mostly, because we were able to visit Xpu-Ha and Omni Puerto Aventuras, for swimming and snorkeling ... and the free tours to Tulum, etc.

Yes, the grounds at ASP are immaculate, the service is good if not great, because the place is huge), layout is odd and it's hard to memorize your way around. The things I disliked the most - the so called beach is horrendous, and the pools, although large - are always crowded (naturally, since almost no one swims at "the beach"), not much shade, and you have to get up at the break of dawn to throw a towel and reserve a pool lounger (most people never move their towels whether they are gone for an hour or entire day).

The food (both buffet and ala carte) and drinks were rather disappointing, bland and odd.

The rooms are pretty nice (Spa side), and we did make the best of it, enjoying ourselves.

I loved the ASP, until.... we went to Golden Crown Paradise Spa this December, and came to realize that ASP was not the best choice.

The beach and water at GCP are breathtaking, never crowded, plenty of shade, NO towel card - all towels you want, same for pools. It's a much smaller place - 200 rooms, and everything is beach front! The ocean view rooms are incredible, service is best in class - everyone knows your name and favorite drinks :) Easy to make friends, if you like - or be alone, if you don't. The entertainment staff rocks and the atmosphere is tranquil yet fun. Food was to die for, considering it's AI, and drinks were great! Our vacation was a sheer bliss and we are going back. I have a detailed review of GCP at Tripadvisor, if you care to see ;)

I urge you to re-consider the AS, you won't regret it (it's not BAD at all, it's nice - just not really worth it, IMHO).

I have wonderful pics of GCP - gorgeous ocean/pool views from our balcony, you are welcome to email me at nnmaru1@hotmail.com - I'll send them right over. Expedia's pictures are rather pathetic.

And congratulations on the new marriage! Have fun wherever you decide to stay.

Mentioned in this post
Xpu-Ha
Xpu-Ha
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Omni Puerto Aventuras...
611 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

Sorry - one more thing - it's normally warmer in PDC/Puerto Aventuras then Cancun itself, so, if you're going in August, may be very hot and humid at the ASP.

PDC/PA are more "jungl-ey" and Cancun (well, GCP at least, and hotel zone) is all wide open and very breezy.

N

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Aventuras
Puerto Aventuras
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

In all honesty, I don't understand how you people can complain about this resort. We just returned and Dan and I were commenting on this. The place is absolutely beautiful, the sand by the lagoon is a little rocky, but the lagoon was awsome, you can see all kinds of fish in there and the service was excellent. We had bar tenders at 2 different bars and servers at 3 different resteraunts who remembered our names AND our favorite drinks. we would have a swallow or two left and the server would come around and set a new drink in front of you. This resort is awsome, and we plan on coming again ASAP and for a longer period of time

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

Psychosis 69 - :)

That's what I thought, my first visit to Mexico and staying at the ASP - how can someone complain, it's wonderful!! shame on them.

But then, I checked out other places at PDC, like Omni Puerto Aventuras, Xpu-Ha - both with heavenly beaches, and not nearly as crowded as ASP.

And then we went to Cancun and stayed at the GCP which blew ASP away - in every aspect. I just want to stress that it's all subjective, of course - it depends on what YOU see as a priority while on vacation. To me, the top one is an incredible swimming beach, that doesn't look like a murky puddle :)

Sure, the pool at ASP is nice, however crowded, and the Spa is heavenly - big whoop! I live in Chicago - we have a nice summer outdoor pool in the building and plenty of Spas, all over the place. Marble, and guild, and stained glass, etc, etc - right here at home. Yes, those things are nice - but it's not what I'm looking for on vacation. I assume when most people go on a "Beach spot" vacation, they'd like to have an actual beach there as well.

To me, ASP is one of the style-over-substance places. Once again, I'll never say it's bad - because it's actually quiet impressive. It's just that after seeing other places, I'd not stay there again. But yes - if beach/sand/waves don't mean much, ASP could be a good choice :)

Nadya

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Omni Puerto Aventuras...
611 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Xpu-Ha
Xpu-Ha
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
wo
Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

moon place is nicer.

Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

I can understand that, I personally was not impressed at all with Xpu-ha, neither was my boyfriend. We were content being where we were, and actually we were the youngest couple at our resort by at least 10 years it seemed...we actually ejoyed it. We did our own thing and we relxed....I guess when you work 6 days a week, 10 hour shifts being the shortest, lounging is priority number 1! I've been to many resorts in Mexico, PV and a few others, this was definetaly my fave

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adventura Spa Palace-Anyone been here?

Stayed at both the Adventura Spa and the Golden Crown Paradise in July last year. The previous comment on it being cooler in Cancun at the Golden Crown, well that's untrue; as there's more concrete from the city and it was just as windy at the Adventura Spa. Yeah, you can boogie board up in Cancun at the nice beach, but the hotel is the pits (although the food isn't that bad at their upscale restaurant that requires a dress code). Personally, I didn't like the beach at the Xpu-Ha as much as the Barcelo Maya (just next door on a long bay). The Barcelo had concrete walkways at nite you could walk along with fountains and small lites and you could hear the ocean beyond all the palm trees (yeah the Xpu-Ha didn't have that many shady palms on their beach) and the music from the resort entertainment on the other side. Barcelo was very nice for the price, but the food wasn't as good as some at the Adventura and the Xpu-Ha had better top shelf liquor and food that was grilled. Frankly, I hear the Palladium has very good food and the beach/grounds are nice and they have the adults only Mayan suites that are close to the beach there with an adults only pool.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Xpu-Ha
Xpu-Ha
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
410 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya