We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

Chapin, South...
Level Contributor
683 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

Hi All ~

Probably asked this before - but now we're getting closer...

Is anyone going to be there when we're there? That would be 11-23 to 12-3-11?

We would SO love to hookup with any TA peeps! We're in our mid 50's - but pretty cool - love to eat and have a cocktail or two.

If anyone wants to meet at the pool or lobby bar for a bumble bee - let us know.

Happy and safe travels everyone.

~Sharon

Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

We will be at Sun Palace, Nov 25 thru Nov 30th. Hope we will get upgraded to a nice ocean view room. See you there.

Chapin, South...
Level Contributor
683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

Hey Raja2006,

It won't be long now and we'll be headed to a wonderful vacation - we've been counting the days since we booked and now it's almost upon us!

Have you been to the Sun Palace before? This is our 4th trip and haven't tried anywhere else since our first visit there. It fits in our price range and offers everything we're looking for.

We booked through a Palace Member (have every time) and it works out great. We the same amenities they get at a great price. (Although from Detroit, the airfare keeps going up and up - but still is cheaper than lots of other destinations.)

Have a great time!

~Sharon

Bridgeport...
Level Contributor
234 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

Hey we will be arriving Friday after tgiving.. mid 40's.. fun couple and would loveto try a bumble bee.. how can we meet?

Bridgeport...
Level Contributor
234 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

We would love to meet up.. we arrive friday after tgiving.. we are mid 40's and have never been away without the kids this long.. Can't wait.. how can we meet.?

Chapin, South...
Level Contributor
683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

Hey cabocathy,

Well, let's tentatively plan to meet in the lobby bar on say, Saturday, 11-26-11 at 7:30 p.m. - would that work ? It would be so fun to meet other TA folks!

If this doesn't work, send me a PM and we can work something out!

~Sharon

Bridgeport...
Level Contributor
234 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

sounds good.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

Hi Sharon,

We are going to Sun Palace the second week of November for our honeymoon and I have a couple of questions for you since you have been so many times!

Do they provide any floats at the pools? I was thinking of packing an inflatable one in my luggage, but don't want to go through the hassle of it if they have them (I saw a photo somewhere of someone on one).

Does the hotel provide beach towels?

What are your suggestions on their best cocktails or specialties?

Thanks! I can't wait to be there!

Bridgeport...
Level Contributor
234 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

The hotel does provide beach towels.. and also robes and slippers in the room.. doubt the float thing.. I have never seen them.. I ususally bring my own inflatable .. never been to sun.. but all the rest.. you are going to have an awesome time...!!! palace pampers..

Chapin, South...
Level Contributor
683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

Hi bklvszd,

cabocathy is correct - no floaties provided - SP has 3 pools - 2 pretty small (quiet pools) and one activity pool. I haven't seen anyone use a floatie, but I guess you could bring one and see how it goes.

The SP is awesome - lots of pool chairs and sun umbrellas if you need them. Also a beach person that will set your umbrella in your chosen spot if you prefer the beach. As far as beach towels go, you get a 'towel card' upon check in and give it to the towel person ~ after that you just give back your used towel and get a fresh one. (Normally we turn ours in at the end of the day, and get 2 fresh ones to use for the next early morning when we head to the pool or beach ~ rather than waiting until about 10 ish for the towel bar to open.) Just turn in your towels at the end of your stay and ask for your towel cards back to return when you check out.

We love the lunch at the pool - they have a grill set up and grill whatever you want. I remember last year I wanted grouper for lunch and didn't see it displayed and asked the grill chef - he had his assistant 'get it' and grilled it ~ totally awesome. Same with hubby who wanted a tuna steak on the grill - a couple minutes later hubby had a grilled tuna steak. (And lunch is awesome also at the inside buffet - if you don't see something that you think you want, just ask ~ they'll bend over backwards to get it for you.)

Honestly, in my opinion Sun Palace is top notch. I'm not sure that I would or could complain about anything. From the moment we arrive, we're totally relaxed and the stress just leaves... and now that resort credits are offered that's an entire added bonus. Not even sure how to react to all of that added plus.

Hope this info helps - if you want to see some of our photos, we have plenty - just PM me and we'll pass them along.

Happy travels and we know you'll love the Sun Palace!

P.S. Look for Arline around the pool and/or the beach (she looks like Sarah Palin) - she is a drink server and she'll wait on you hand and foot!

~S

Bridgeport...
Level Contributor
234 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun Palace Thanksgiving ~ Anyone Going?

if you find someone that is "complaining " on a post,,, check and see if they ever have anything nice to say.. maybe not..