We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

Time share "deals" usually cause us to groan and roll our eyes, but has anyone some across any time share deals that have been worth the savings for your vacation? Not asking about the free little excursions, but the ones that offer a 5-7 day stay for 90 minutes of your time.

Anyone know about this FIRST HAND??? I have a post about this inquiring about the Omni in particular, but I am sure there are others out there.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

Are you looking for a deal where you get a free stay for attending the presentation whether you sign up or not? I don't quite understand from your phrasing, apologies.

Many of us here are Palace Resort members. Its a membership not a time share and you can stay whenever you want. My niece has a time share at the Royal, but can only stay on her assigned week.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

I have found several "opportunities" that offer (for example) 6 nights all inclusive for a very low price IF you attend a 90 minute time share presentation. I found a few on eBay and the Omni seems to run a similar deal all the time. You get the days for the low price if you buy or not, as long as you attend the presentation.

I am still looking into Beach Palace as you recommended. I would like to read more about their memberships. Is their membership presentations just code name for time share spiel and they just jazz up the name to make you feel special or something or is it truly something different?

Edited: 22 October 2011, 18:54
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

there are hundreds of "used" timeshares for cents on the dollar listed on the internet.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

I agree with Wally. I recommend a "membership"...not a timeshare. There are big differences. We have a membership with Karisma and have saved thousands on our vacations. We have already made back our initial investment with the savings on our first 3 trips. Now we just continue to enjoy the savings. If we never go back, we've lost nothing.

5. Re: Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2011, 14:06
new jersey
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

If you are looking to buy a timeshare, redweek.com is your best bet. never buy a new timeshare onless you get a realy good deal. Memberships or floating weeks are better because you can chose your week. If you just want to get something free just for attending a presentation good luck.

PA
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

Rule of thumb when buying a t/s is : Never buy buy from the developer... Like poster #6 said, try redweek.com. For $15 per year can contact all owners who sell or rent....

Go to www.tug2.net (Timeshare Users Group) Check out the message boards... These people can answer any question you have.

8. Re: Time share=bum wrap, but are there any good ones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 05:18