We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches after Rina?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leon, Iowa
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beaches after Rina?

I heard that Rina was down graded to a tropical depression, but was wondering if the beaches were affected? We are staying at Barcelo Costa in late Jan. and I know from past experience that part of Cancun does not get damaged as bad. So if anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,797 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches after Rina?

From the reports out of Cancun and photos I've seen, there appears to be minor erosion to the beaches but overall, the large majority of the beachfront held up well, with the possible exception of the beaches behind the Forum By the Sea Mall which isn't in the area of the Barcelo Costa.

2. Re: Beaches after Rina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 04:18