We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about Oasis hotel properties

Lawrence, Ks
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about Oasis hotel properties

We (late 60's couple) are planning on a quick trip to Cancun--but have never stayed there before. I am confused about all the hotels with "Oasis" in their names--are they on the same property? Which one is the best(rooms, food, beaches) and which is the best value? Where are they located on the "7"? Thanks for any clarification you can give--

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,928 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

There are really only two properties - Oasis and Oasis Palm. Each have their "Grand" sides which are upscale compared to the basic Oasis side. Oasis is on the long arm of the 7 about half way down the strip and from reading the reviews would only recommend the Grand side of this one. The Oasis Palm is on the upper arm of the 7 and faces the Bahia de Mujeres (the Bay) and does not have that incredible turquoise water but the water is calmer there. I can't speak about this one because I've never read the reviews on it.

Here is the website: oasishoteles.net/hoteles_ing/Grand_Oasis_Pal…

Cheryl

Edited: 06 November 2011, 21:10
Mentioned in this post
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
3,120 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,540 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

What happened to Grand Oasis Playa? Is that gone? We stayed there a few years ago but do not recommend it. Worse food ever and service so bad we just had to laugh about it. It's further down on the strip, closer to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
11,219 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
6,908 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

Buffy 13,

The Grand Oasis Cancun and the Oasis Cancun share the same property and are located at ~ Km 16 (~ 2/3 the way down the diagonal '7'). There is also an Oasis Playa Cancun at about Km 18.5 (~80% down the diagonal). The Oasis Palm Beach is located at Km4 (just across the bridge at the beginning of the '7' that is the island and hotel zone of Cancun) and then the Oasis Viva Beach at Km 8.5 (which is just inside the section known as Punta Cancun in the thick of the nightlife and party central). Only the first two (2) share the same property and I believe only the first two are affiliated with one another.

Those properties on the diagonal leg of the '7' face the turquoise blue-green waters of the Caribbean Sorry, I cannot provide any reports on staying at any of these properties.

!Se divirtieran!.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
11,219 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
3,120 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Punta Cancun
Punta Cancun
30 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,928 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

I remember the Oasis Viva Beach but their new website doesn't show that property so I didn't list it. It only lists the ones I referenced in the first post. Does anyone know what's up with this? They list 4 hotels as opening in 2012 but only the 4 I noted. Confusing....

Cheryl

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

Might some be listed under Be live, or did they all return to the Oasis name?

I stayed at the Grand Oasis Playa 8ears ago or so on my first trip and it was one of the first hotels from the Airport, now whenever i google it it says it is is located along the top of the 7 now, know that could just be a mistake but always found it strange.

Like ZsaZsa i wouldn't recommend that one (although things could have changed) then only had 3 places to eat, a buffet which served a very strange looking fish kabob (no spelling mistake on my part haha), Mexican and Italian, bars shut around 10/11 and only had a couple of them, we didn't mind too much though as we were 5 19yr old lads

Edited: 06 November 2011, 22:26
Mentioned in this post
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
11,219 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Lawrence, Ks
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

To all responders--

Thank you so-o-o much for the information--I really appreciate your help. You all are the best!!

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

To avoid confusion just avoid Oasis hotels....why anyone would spend money to vacation outside of their country and stay at a property such as these is beyond me..

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

Let me attempt to clarify the several Oasis properties in Cancun. Oasis Resorts have currently 7 hotels in Cancun and some share some ameniities:

- Oasis Cancun and Grand Oasis, located about km16. Resort is popular with younger crowds specially during March Break. Great pool, numerous swim-up bars, numerous restaurants. Beach can have big waves.

-Oasis Palm and Grand Caribbean Resort, located at km 4.5, family oriented with great kids Club. Ocean is very quiet no big waves there. In my opinion one of the best values in Cancun.

-Oasis America, located downtown basic hotel.

-Send Del Mar new hotel right in the hotel zone. I have not been there.

Sens Cancun is also located cdowntown, basic.

I have been going with my family to the Oasis Palm for the past 7 years. great kids club, great food, some of the rooms have an extra large balcony (12 X 15 feet) one of the best value in Cancun and perfect for families.

One advantage I like is that once you are a registered guest at one of the resorts you can go and spend the day to another of their hotels. Oasis does not own the Viva Beach anymore is is currently managed by Be Live Resorts.

Edited: 07 November 2011, 14:24
Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
11,219 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Oasis Palm
Oasis Palm
3,120 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Lawrence, Ks
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

Thank you-- I appreciate your help--B13

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,540 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Confused about Oasis hotel properties

What happened to the Grand Oasis Playa then? KM19.5.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Oasis Cancun
Grand Oasis Cancun
11,219 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico