We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Parnassus in January 2012

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Parnassus in January 2012

Going to the Golden Parnassus in January 2012 for the first time. We have been to Cancun and Riveria Maya many times before but never to this hotel. Does anyone have any good tips or room suggestions? From what I'm reading there are no reservations required for dinner. Is there a buffet for dinner? Does anyone know who a person could email about room upgrades? Also, is it worth going to the sister hotel Great Parnassus any time? Thanks for any information...

Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

We went last March for the first time and had a great time-we hope to go back in April. We stayed in a Club lagoon view room and were not offered an upgrade at check in. It was nice, had a fridge but I hope to have ocean view next time. There is not a buffet at night. Just the restaurants are open. It was nice that we didn't have to make reservations. We didn't have to wait at all. We did go to the Great one day to shop for our kids and we walked around to check it out. Yes, there were A LOT of children, very family oriented but it is a nice place. Sorry, I don't have an email of a contact but hopefully someone else will respond for you.

Have fun!

connecticut
Level Contributor
601 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

What type of room have you booked ? We always stay in a Club oceanview room and love it : ) its nice to have a fridge and the view is amazing !! you are correct, there are no reservations required for dinner, which is sooooo nice....there is no buffet open for dinner, they have 4 Ala carte restaurants to enjoy.......we usually go to the Great Parnassus once for dinner......its ok, LOTS of kids though !

We just got back from our fourth trip there.....we love it - very small resort, you meet lots of great people and the staff are amazing. Its a very special place for us : ) if you need any other info, let me know - I have a few emails addys, will get back to you.....

annie

3. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 15:12
Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

Hi Sueb and all,

Our first experience at an AI in Cancun (always went to the Mayan Riveria) was then called the Golden Crown Resort (now called Golden Parnassus) - we were blown away, not only with the color of the ocean, but the view, the 'no reservations needed' and no kids ~ totally awesome.

We stayed in a 5th floor room (actually my profile picture that you see was taken on its balcony) and it was wonderful! We had a blast! A small resort that totally catered to us. (My DH is light skinned and a 'natural blond' so the lack of umbrellas was a problem - although that probably has changed. And we really wanted a deeper pool and a swim-up bar ~ I know they still have a Tiki Bar but those peope won't give up their seats either!)

We've since experienced Palace Resorts and have tried their facilities for the last several years and for us it works (probably because we're getting older).

But lots of memories at the now Golden Parnasus and would totally recommend it . It's a big bang for the buck and wouldn't hesitate to go there again!

Happy travels everyone!

~S

Nebraska
Level Contributor
209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

Is there any nightlife at the resort? Do they have any local vendors that come in?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

Thanks everyone for all of the info. We booked a deluxe room and I think it faces the lagoon. We may have to upgrade although from what I'm reading the sunsets over the lagoon are beautiful. We really don't spend much time in our rooms. If anyone has any input on that, let me know. Thanks.

connecticut
Level Contributor
601 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

We have been there several times.....apparently, the lagoon sunset views are amazing......we prefer the ocean view for the sunrises !! we have coffee out there every morning and LOVE it !! we dont spend much time in our rooms either, but we always splurge and get the Ocean view Club rooms......enjoy !!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

only 55 days and me and my DH will be having fun in the sun at the Golden Parnassus!

9. Re: Golden Parnassus in January 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 05:19