We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Isla mall - day or night?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
La Isla mall - day or night?

Hi there, we are planning to visit La Isla and were wondering when is the best time to do it? we will be at the Gran Caribe Real on January 3rd. How late is it open at night? just trying to plan our activities for the week. Thanks.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

IMO much better at night, go there around 6-7 or your preferred dinner time, have supper there, drinks or dessert. then stroll around the mall. stays open till 10 or 11 maybe a little later on weekends

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

Thanks Steve - I was looking at photos and it does look really nice at night time. Sounds like a great plan. Thanks.

Edited: 12 November 2011, 15:11
Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

I agree with Steve but go at sunset and have a drink on the lagoon side and watch the sunset from your bar stool......

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

is this in downtown Cancun? we wil be at the Riu Caribe and really have no idea where anything is.we have always stayed in the Riviera Maya

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

La Isla is in hotel zone, it is a open air mall. really nice place, it is km 12 in hotel zone. It is a bus ride from teh Caribe which is located around Km 6 and not such a great location.

not sure about the sunsets, there are lost of great places to watch sunsets. Cannot beat the sunsets from my 14th floor lagoon facing balcony. I prefer to go after the sunset when it si cooler out. we almost never go before dark.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

No, it's not in "downtown" Cancun - this is a mall in the hotel zone. It's located at KM 12.5. Quick bus ride or cab ride.

http://www.laislacancun.com.mx/html/

Cheryl

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

ok i know the Riu isnt in the hotel zone - would you happen tp know how far we would be from the mall?? would we just take a bus to get there??

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

Umm I already gave you your answer on post # 5

La Isla is in hotel zone, it is a open air mall. really nice place, it is km 12 in hotel zone. It is a bus ride from the Riu Caribe which is located around Km 6 and not such a great location.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,613 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

The Riu Caribe IS in the Hotel Zone and is on a lovely stretch of CALM water. Some think that THE ONLY place to be in Cancun is on the eastern surf side but IMO it's a matter of personal choice. This interactive map should help with where things are:

http://www.cancungooglemaps.com/Cancunmap.htm

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: La Isla mall - day or night?

Correct the Caribe is located where the water is almost always calm because it is on the bay and not the Caribbean. very rocky over there and has vegetation etc and most people would prefer staying on the Caribbean side where the water color is a unique multiple shade of turquoise rarely found anywhere else in the world. Also worthy to note you cannot walk very far long the beach either direction because most of that area has no beach. But to La Isla it is about 4 miles