We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Resort?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
455 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Resort?

I wonder if someone could help me out? It is a bit of a tall order, bit I thought I would ask anyway. Some time ago, I was looking through some of Mexico's all inclusive resorts. I came across this one resort (the name I have forgotten), which had, off it's beach, a small island that residents could sunbathe, relax etc. I was hoping that this may jog someone's memory??? Any help would be appreciated.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Resort?

The primary "small" Isla known in the Cancun area that matches the description would be Isla Mujeres. If you're thinking of Isla, there's a vast array of resorts that meet the description. However, if your suggesting swimming there, it's doubtful, unless one would be a marathon swimmer or into the Iron Man competition.

Off the shore of Playa Del Carmen, there's Isla Cozumel but I wouldn't describe her as small and the Isla is a major world cruise destination as well a resort isla with many day trippers from the mainland.

There is a small small rock covered islet off Dreams Resort, the former Camino Real, primarily a natural bird sanctuary that was partially destroyed with the beach expansion project but it doesn't fit the beach, swim and relax description you refer to.

Further North, there's Isla Blanca, a rugged but beautiful barrier island and yet even further North are Isla Contoy and Isla Holbox but none of these fit your description either.

Edited: 16 November 2011, 12:46
East Moline, IL
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Resort?

http://www.sandals.com/main/royal/rj-home.cfm

I know it's not in Mexico, but I do ALOT of hotel hunting, and this is the first thing I thought of, based on your description. Good luck! Hope you can find the one you are looking for!

Montreal
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Resort?

Yep Sandals was also the first resort that came to my mind...don't think there is anything like that in Mexico but I could be wrong.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,179 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost Resort?

I don't know of any in Mexico that fit that description either (doesn't mean there's not one). But I do know Renaissance Resort in Aruba has the private island like you described.

5. Re: Lost Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2012, 10:16