We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

Hi,

I was suppose to be in Cancun right now :(, but had to change my dates due to work. Anyways, I'm now looking at Golden Crown Paradise Spa for 4/8-4/14 and was wondering what kind of shape is it in.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

A couple of threads down is a post by "chichick" called "back from GCPS", she should be able to help you out there. Sounds like everything is A OK.

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

CancunCanuck,

Thanks I will look for it.

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

jaw - you're in luck.

By 4/8 the beach at the GCPS should be re-sanded, at least by current estimates.

Besides, new Sumo/Japanese restaurant should be open then, too (inside main lobby). As well as most if not all clubs.

This is the only thing one could be concerned with at the moment... all else is perfect as you shall soon see for yourself. Get excited; you're in for a treat!

n

mpls MN
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

All is in great shape. The beach will be done by then. I will be posting a review in the next few days, under the GCPS, to the left of this page. Otherwise if you have any questions let me know. We came home Friday night.

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

So are the rooms are ready including the club rooms???

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

Jomary, I came back on Fri also :)

Bet I saw you there at the Tiki bar or pool. How'd you like that rain on Thursday?? they had to pry us water aerobics fans out of the pool :(

Jaw, yes - the Club rooms are ready - besides, the 6th floor now has balcony too! before they did not.

Seriously, do not worry about a thing.

n

Denver
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

We are leaving Thursday for a few days. I called the hotel today. They said the restoration is there now pumping sand. Those of you who just got back would you mind sending pictures?

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

chichick,

I just booked on of the Golden Oceanview Rooms with a balcony. I am so excited that the beach is suppose to be done in the next couple of weeks (knock on wood).

USA
Level Contributor
750 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

Hey everyone, I'm moving over to chichick's post.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How is Golden Crown Paradise Spa

Hi,

Just returned from GCPS on Feb. 23 after a two week stay. It was awesome. The hotel is in great shape. The beach of course is a fraction of the size it was previously, however we had plenty of room to put lounge chairs down on the sand. It was possible to walk a long way in either direction to check out what was happening at other properties as well. The lifeguard at the hotel was always looking out for everyone to ensure they were in a safe area in the water. We had to be carefull with rocks in the sand and in the water as it things were shifting around a bit. There were a couple of power outages at the hotel. One lasted from first thing in the morning until mid-afternoon. It wasn't a big deal though. Food was still being prepared (gas grills). Of course no elevators, but it wasn't that bad working off some of what we ate using the stairs. The worst thing was no blender drinks (everyone made out quite well in that department regardless). The second outage only lasted a few hours.

Have a great time, I'm jealous. I'm ready to go back now.