We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Nancy or NurseinLA

connecticut
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Nancy or NurseinLA

Hey ladies we can not find the spanish/english letter on the site to bring w/toy donations...please tell us where we can find this.

thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Nancy or NurseinLA

Hi cancun1010...I saw the other postings regarding GiveAToy and was very surprised to see that the GiveAToyGetASmile website has disappeared! I was in Cancun last week and talking with Nancy about the website and if folks could still make paypal donations thru that site...I don't think Nancy is aware that it is gone. I sent her an email and hopefully will hear back from her soon. If not, I will call her tomorrow as it is too late to call her now with the 2 hour time difference between here and Cancun. I thought I had a copy of the flyer that explains what GiveAToy is all about but I couldn't find it on my computer. I usually just went to the website to print it out when I needed it--who would have thought that the website would disappear!

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,803 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Nancy or NurseinLA

NurseinLA~ the site has been down for a while now, however, I saw a post Nancy posted on another board yesterday looking for a Spanish speaking Santa Claus to help with gift giving to the Cancun Kids. If I get the opportunity I'll shoot her an internal E-Mail on the other board to see what's up and whether we can get some further direction for the folks interested in bringing gifts and/or donating.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Nancy or NurseinLA

Give a Toy Get a Smile is on facebook...it's a closed page but you can ask to join and follow the efforts to help kids in Cancun.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/74311264048/

Cheryl

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Nancy or NurseinLA

Nancy gave me a link that is supposed to lead to the old website for GiveAToy where you can print out the letter...I haven't tried it yet but here it is. I'm hoping it works!

http://s339287268.onlinehome.us/Toy/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Nancy or NurseinLA

yeaaa! the above link works...click on it and then at the top of the page click on "how to help". At the bottom of that page is a place to click to get the donation letter to enclose with your bag of toys. Thank you for helping to bring smiles to the little Cancun faces this holiday season!

6. Re: Looking for Nancy or NurseinLA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:21