We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

We'll be traveling with our 22 month old son, planning on going to the mayan ruins one day and then just relaxing in the hotel zone, staying by the pool or the beach at the hotel and doing some shopping, maybe going into town one day.

We are unfamiliar with the hotels and the hotel zone, as this is our first trip to Cancun. We are planning on staying at one of the starwood properties.

Any insight on which hotel would be the best bet would be greatly appreciated!

We are deciding between the following three:

Westin Lagunamar Ocean Villas

Westin Resort and Spa

Le Meridien Cancun Resort and Spa

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

The newest resort is the Lagunamar, which would be nice for a family with a baby. It's right in the midst of the hotel zone, and looks very attractive.

To me, the Westin Resort looks a little older/dated.

The LeMeridien would be the most upscale, but there's a new hotel going up next to it that could make for noise, and the building also destroys a lot of the views from rooms at LeMeridien...

Miami
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

Thank you so much, blossom. I think I'll go ahead and book the Lagunamar.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

That's the one I'd choose, too! Good luck and have a wonderful vacation...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

Westin Lagunmar was right next to the ME cancun while i stayed there last year it looked really nice and the pool was amazing we would walk by everyday and everything just looked nice!

Southern California
Level Contributor
73 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

Hands down the Lagunamar. I have stayed at the Lagunamar and Le Meridian. I am an SPG member and only stay at their hotels

I did not like Le Meridian. I cannot figure out why it gets such high ratings. I was at the Lagunamar at Xmas and we walked by the Le Meriidan. It is now on a really crowded beach and smooshed inbetween 2 giant hotes

I loved the Lagunamar so much I bought a timeshare resale on Ebay

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

Le Meridian is no longer the real one from the old days, it currently owned by Sandos. Lagunamar gets my vote too.

7. Re: Please help us choose a hotel (Westin vs Le Meridien)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2013, 10:24