We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Give A Toy Get A Smile

Mahahual, Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
Give A Toy Get A Smile

Nancy Meyers and her husband Andy have started a charity called "Give a Toy Get a Smile". in Cancun Mexico. They except donations of toys, clothing, and school supplies etc. to help the children in need from Cancun to down the coast as far as Costa Maya. I have seen the children's faces light up when given a toy. It is such a wonderful feeling. One that you will never forget. So if anyone is coming to these areas please help Nancy. A small toy doesn't take up too much space, but will put a smile on a child's face. There are many drop off sites.

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
133 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,050 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,378 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
158 reviews
from US$49.00*
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
225 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Give A Toy Get A Smile

Will be at Moon Palace May 5 to 12. Where is the nearest drop off site? Is Hard Rock still one?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
505 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Give A Toy Get A Smile

?

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,839 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Give A Toy Get A Smile

http://www.facebook.com/groups/74311264048/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Give A Toy Get A Smile

Dangers...thank you for providing the link.

I am, once again, packing my bags today for a trip to Cancun tomorrow. I already have my toy bag packed with Barbie dolls, baby dolls, Hot Wheels, and I found a great deal through a wholesale distributor for 10 inch red rubber playground balls so 10 of those are packed also (deflated, of course :-)

Nancy is still collecting toys for the Cancun children for the holidays, so if you are interested check out the link provided above. Help to bring a smile to a little Cancun child's face this holiday season :-)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Give A Toy Get A Smile

There was also another post with many responses on here a month ago just in case you need more info.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Give A Toy Get A Smile

5unshine...thank you. I actually posted last, on a recent thread, a response to you...hopefully you were able to get the info you needed. I wanted to post here to get the link out again to anybody who would like more information about this very worthwhile project.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Give A Toy Get A Smile

Toy R Us is having a 50% Off All Barbie Dolls & Accessories this week. Good time to stock up on toys to bring.

8. Re: Give A Toy Get A Smile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 10:15