We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for an older couple - AI

Maryland
Level Contributor
23 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for an older couple - AI

Ages 57 & 65, but young in spirit and energy. Moderate budget for an AI, last week in Feb. Looking for relaxation and quiet, but options for more.

Thanks,

Maggie

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,990 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for an older couple - AI

What does "moderate budget" mean to you?

D'you want adult only or don't care?

Edited: 09 January 2012, 23:04
Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for an older couple - AI

Sun Palace.

Mentioned in this post
Sun Palace
Sun Palace
6,564 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
749 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for an older couple - AI

Omni Cancun has been having some deals . . . but there are so many others too, Gran Melia, just look for what fits your budget, 4 star, 5 star? and check their prices. Generally, the lower the price you pay the noisier it might be as younger travellers who party can afford the less expensive places. It's nice to splurge and go for something nicer sometimes. We always prefer quiet but always find too much noise around most hotels. Adults only is the way to go for quiet, but that's always seems alot more expensive, but if you don't mind the screams of children running down the halls at night or in the morning, around the pools, etc, any hotel will do.

Mentioned in this post
Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
Omni Cancun Resort...
6,523 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Chapin, South...
Level Contributor
683 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for an older couple - AI

Definitely Sun Palace! Fabulous!

~S

Mentioned in this post
Sun Palace
Sun Palace
6,564 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Toronto Ontario...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for an older couple - AI

Occidential Grand Xcaret. Safe, 10 minutes from Playa Del Carmen, 30 minutes from Tulum to see the ruins. Hotel has a nature park next door which costs extra ($55 pp) but worth it if you like animals and nature.

Great resort and not too pricey

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
1,185 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
MD
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for an older couple - AI

Hi Maggie, I'm also from Maryland. My husband and I are going to Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas - All-Inclusive in Cancun, Feb 29-March 6, got a great deal from bookit-com, check it out. We already had the airfare from a cancel 50th birthday trip t o Playa Del Carmen in Oct. 2011 due to rain I mean lots of rain, than rebooked in Nov. 2011 but had to cancel again because of hurricane. My girlfriend and I went to Riu Cancun Oct 2010 which is next door to Riu Palace Las Americas, and had a great time and not one drop of rain in 7 days. The beach is a little small with some rocks there, but very calm and blue. Just have to know where to go and come out of the water to avoid the rocks. The deals were better in the fall when we booked at Riu Palace mexico in Playa Del Carmen, but are a bit higher now. Hopefully I'll get to Playa next year.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas
Hotel Riu Palace Las...
7,175 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Maryland
Level Contributor
23 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for an older couple - AI

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!!!

Maggie

8. Re: Suggestions for an older couple - AI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:18