We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Caribe Question

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Caribe Question

My wife and I were thinking about staying at the Riu Caribe based on reading the great reviews. We are in our middle 50's Is this hotel mainly for the younger crowd, or will we be ok here?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Caribe
Hotel Riu Caribe
7,897 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Caribe Question

You will be fine at this resort. You will meet many people in your age bracket. We are in our early 50's and had a great time and we met a lot of people from around the world at the pool and lobby bar!!! Ted&Julie

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Caribe Question

Thanks much! I see that we are neighbors!!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Caribe Question

We also prefer the Riu Caribe in Cancun over the other Rius, area is not as congested, bigger beach and pool area; other Ruis are closer to area nightlife which attracts more younger 'springbreak' crowd, Riu Cancun is close but not right in the heart of the action.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Caribe
Hotel Riu Caribe
7,897 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Caribe Question

if all you want to do is sunbath and drink youll be fine if you enjoy playing the sunbed game that is myself and hubby were just fourty when we went and we found it suited the more 18-30 crowd or young families ideal as a base if your going out every night as theres nothing much to do there other than eat and drink the hotel itself is nice and clean but a very small hotel and grounds

Edited: 16 January 2012, 21:49
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Caribe Question

"theres nothing much to do there other than eat and drink".. but your less than 10 mins away from the convention area, fine area restaurants, nightlife and even the 'old town' of cancun for a more intimate dinner away from the crowds. the Riu Caribe is not in a remote location at all, and also close by to the ferry if you choose to take a day trip over to isla mujeres!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Caribe
Hotel Riu Caribe
7,897 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Caribe Question

I read the reviews and they said the entertainment there wasnt bad. Not up to Vegas quality, but decent. Isnt this true?

Mentioned in this post
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Caribe Question

The activities staff works hard to keep you entertained during the day coordinating volleyball, yoga, pool aerobics, kids programs, and evening shows. The shows arent bad but not my idea of nightly entertainment... different nights/different shows, comedy, song and dance, family entertainment.

iowa
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Caribe Question

I'm 60 and my wife is 56. We have stayed at the Riu Caribe for the last 2 years and we have had a blast with the younger crowd.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Caribe
Hotel Riu Caribe
7,897 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
989 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Caribe Question

I agree it is a little far from things...we saw more of an 18-30's crowd!

lancs
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Caribe Question

Hi,we have stayed at the Caribe a few times and we love it.We are 62 & 63,and have always found a good mix of ages there,we always enjoy watching the beach games there,and the bar is very friendly aswell.Go for it ,you will love it.

Forgot to say ,the bus stops right by the hotel,we often went down to the Malls,its a great service and runs very frequently.

Marie.....