We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renovations at Aventura Spa??

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Renovations at Aventura Spa??

Does anyone know when they plan on making renovations to Aventura Spa Palace? I am hesitent to book here with the change to Hard Rock if they will be making major renovations during our stay. Anyone have information? Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

From what I had read it was the Aventura Cove getting the renovations, not the ASP.

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
445 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

They normally a discreet with renovations, and it is big enough you won't notice.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

Both sides are getting renovations. Cove will be finished first. From what I hear they have already started.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

I'm spending a week in asp, no noticeable renovations for asp and acp.

Indiana
Level Contributor
46 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

Good Evening. The posts thus far are for 2012. My wife and I are planning on staying at the Aventura Spa Palace in late February 2013. Does anyone know what, if any renovations will be taking place during that time period. It's impossible to get a straight answer out of the Palace folks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sublimity
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

Hello, My wife and I are taking a trip to Adventura Spa Palace in July-2013. This would be our second time going and can't wait. The best resort and weve been to a few. My question is about the remodel. has it been changed over to a hard rock? Are they currently doing the remodel. If anyone knows please let me know. So ready for hot weather, mixed drink, and good food. Thanks for reading :-)

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,609 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

You'll find more posts regarding ASP and the Hard Rock change over on the Puerto Aventuras forum, as that's where the resort is located. Rennos have begun, and supposedly, it "re-opens" as HOUR in Fall 2013.

We have loved it as ASP/C and are looking forward to checking out the changes once they are complete.

Indiana
Level Contributor
46 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

We were at the Aventura Spa Palace in late February 2013. At that time, only the Southern most building on the Cove side (I think Building #1) was closed and being remodeled. The remainder of the resort was pretty much unaffected by the change over to the Hard Rock. We've been going to Mexico for over 13 years now and watching other construction, I doubt that all of the renovation, even if it's just the Cove side, will be done by August. I hope I'm wrong. The complaints that I've seen on the Aventura Spa link for Trip Advisor's are somewhat misleading. Based on the reviews between November 2012 and early January 2013, it appears that there were some serious issues with the resort. We stayed in a concierge room and were very pleased with the service, especially room service. We found all of the staff to be friendly, helpful and accommodating. The one drawback was that we were in building #8 which is a bit of a trek to the Aventura Spa Lobby. On the other hand, it was relatively close to the Concierge and Palace Premier VIP member's lagoon beach area. We usually got down to the beach around 9:00 or so and although it was pretty full, we always managed to get a decent lounge chair with an umbrella. The towels are well worn at both the lagoon beaches, pools and in the rooms. I suspect that there will be new Hard Rock towels along with other Hard Rock amenities that will become available once the switch to the Hard Rock is complete. Towels were hard to come by on some days. Personally, I don't think I would chance going back to the Aventura Spa until March or April of 2014 and even then, I suspect that the Aventura Spa side of the resort will still be under renovation. It sure would be nice if the Hard Rock/Palace Resorts would be a little more forthcoming on the construction schedule and would provide monthly updates on the renovation progress on their website. My experience though with just about all hotels and resorts is they prefer to be pretty secretive about any renovation work and how it is affecting the guests. As a side note, personally, I think the guests create part of the problem with the seemingly lack of lounge chairs and towels. Some guests will put towels on more than one set of lounge chairs so that they can change locations during the course of the day. Some people also take more than two towels per person. That is NOT the resorts fault. It's the fault of thoughtless guests.

flanders
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

We vacationed at Aventura in late April 2013 and plan on returning in April 2014. At the time of our stay in April 2013 the planned completion of renovations stated was November 2013. Renovations were progressing on the far most South Side building and the far most north side building. The renovations include adding access to the roof of each building as a private villa for presidential level guests. Not sure if this access will be limited to again another level of membership. Other renovations planned or at least advertized was the renovation of the lagoon area to a sandy beach. We had a wonderful time this past vacation and enjoyed the lagoon. The hope is only a portion will be converted to a beach and a portion still remain lagoon. Time will tell.

10. Re: Renovations at Aventura Spa??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:17