We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

We are booked on a Sunwing vacation to Cancun for Sunday Feb 19th returning Sunday Feb 26th and one of the reasons we chose Sunday was the flight times (10:30am leaving Toronto, 2:45pm leaving Cancun). Up until this past week I noticed the 10:30am flight was fairly consistent leaving on time and sometimes a few minutes early and the return as well. This past week I've noticed it has been delayed almost everyday by at least 4 hours going and returning. Are they combining the two flights each day due to fewer passengers or is there something else happening?

I'm beginning to wish we had chosen the Saturday afternoon flight instead as we have to get back to work/school on Monday.

I flew Sunwing last summer to Rome and had a good experience and my neighbour loves them. I've flown AirTransat quite often but hate their early morning flights (6:00am usually down south) and no one else had decent flight times except Sunwing. Now I'm not so sure.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

Who knows! They're ca Charter airline and will do whatever they can do to save money. If combining two flights that are 1/2 full will save them money then they'll do it! I would imagine the outbound flights are de-icing as well which depending on the line up can add an hour.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

Sunwing has been my airline of choice for 5 years in a row to Cancun departing at 6:20 AM and arriving in Cancun at 9:30 AM local time. I was at my hotel by 10;30 with private transportation. That was the best! Last year their prices increased treamendously at the scheduled change. I hope that the executives at Sunwing will read our comments.

Edited: 29 January 2012, 13:47
Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

I was wondering if anyone reading this has been delayed this past week and the reasons given by Sunwing. It has been too consistently consistent to be a de-icing delay and I hope they get their act in order asap. I had checked their stats and up to this past week they actually had better stats than AirTransat and Air Canada to Cancun, so I don't understand why the delays this week.

Just checked the flight status for today's 511 flight to Cancun from TO and see it's delayed yet again from 10:30am to 2:30pm. This has been every day for a week. What is going on? Sunwing, are you reading this?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

We left Toronto on Sunwing Friday Jan 13th, was delayed as winter storm came in and had to wait in line with other planes for de-icing. Coming back on the 20th delayed for several hours as well. Not very happy about that until co-pilot told me 2 planes were damaged in Montreal that day due to very high winds actually spinning them around and hitting something. Sunwing only has 20 planes, so they are now down to 18. There had to be some major re-shuffling of flights that day. Hope this helps answer the question.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

thank you Golfnutt001 for the explanation. I sure hope they have this worked out in the next 3 weeks or change it up so they share the delays among flights and not just the Cancun one. I was really counting on that 10:30am flight and return on the 2:45pm the following Sunday. I can understand the odd delay, but every day for the same flight?

I actually sent an email to Sunwing asking them for an explanation earlier. I wonder if they will reply to me. It will be interesting.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
436 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

Got delayed 12 hours on return once. If plane has issues in Toronto, you gotta wait till it's fixed there and then gets to you. What do they do for the delay? nothing. It's not like they are cheaper than other airlines either. So you pay the same and get less if there is an issue. Not enough planes.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

I hope you find out whats going on, I just booked sunwing flying out of TO.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

I wouldn't really mind being delayed while on holiday as you get more time on the beach! That's what happened a few years ago to us in Cuba when travelling with AirTransat, so I know it's not just Sunwing who has delays on occasion. It's just that it's been so consistent just this past week and always with the Cancun run. I believe the explanation from Golfnutt above. Plus they're probably combining the two Cancun flights per day until it gets busier and the planes are repaired. I see their other flights are generally on time or even a bit early.

Oh well, as long as they let us know ahead of time and we are not hanging around at the airport.

If Sunwing replies to my email I'll let you all know what they have to say.

TorontoEsther - when do you go?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

Its not just Sunwing - we had the same issues with Thomas Cook to and from Cancun 1st week of Jan and Air Transat is notorious for this. Sometimes its the charters fault, sometimes its the airport/ATC that are swamped, sometimes its the deicing that takes time. With the charters, they usually cram 2-4 flights in per day, for ex Toronto- Cancun, Cancun-Toronto and do the whole thing over again between 6AM and the final landing at 2:30AM. If even one of those is delayed for any reason, all the flights afterwards are as well. As a former AC flight attendant and self proclaimed airline snob, Sunwing is still my favourite of the charters - at least you get a meal/drink/movie in flight, whenever you get back you get back. At this time of year you could end up with a weather delay regardless of who you fly with!

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why the Sunwing delays this week from Toronto to Cancun

I'm fairly new to Sunwing, this will be my first time to a Sun location with them and have booked the Elite plus seats for more room (my 6'3" son needs lots of leg room). We flew to Rome with them last year and while it was an older plane, the Elite Plus seats were comfortable and the flight uneventful. I was always an AirTransat fan until last March when they changed the times and carrier on us one week before we left which negated our upgrade to their premium seats (2X2) and cut down on our time at the resort. They did begrudgingly refund the upgrade. We ended up on a Canjet flight at a ridiculous time in the am coming back. I am a nervous flier and can't stand being squished in like a sardine (it adds to my anxiety/panic) so as Canjet still had the exit row avail we took it. It was actually pretty good. Didn't choose AirTransat this time as didn't like the 6am flight times (getting to the airport for 3am is downright painful), though I have to say their regular seats have decent leg room. The food is the absolute worst of all I have ever had on any plane in my total experience. Bar none.

The only time we've been delayed so far with a charter was a few years back around New Years on our trip to Cuba. We went to the hotel checkout in the am to find out from the AirTransat rep that the flight was delayed for at least 15 hours and that the hotel was accommodating all of us until the later time. It was great to spend another almost full day by the pool and beach. I felt sorry for the travellers stuck in Toronto!

Talking about great plane experiences. The best I've ever flown was Fly Nikki operated by Air Berlin, Vienna to Rome and back. Great price, on time, great service, great seats, lots of leg room, fabulous included lunch - smoked salmon sandwiches and pear & brie. Can they ever teach the N. American carriers a thing or two. I've flown Air Canada, British Airways, Continental, WestJet, AirTransat, Sunwing, CanJet, AirBerlin and many others who are now no longer in business. What ever happened to that dessert trolley from WardAir? Ah, the good old days when you had leg room, shoulder room and decent food on an airplane.

I'm looking forward to my Sunwing holiday. Only 2.5 weeks to go!