We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large Resorts in Cancun??

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
12 posts
Save Topic
Large Resorts in Cancun??

Looking for an All Inclusive Resort in Cancun that is pretty large. by this I mean a Resort that has several large pools, & possibly a Lazy river. 7 or more Bars with a swim up bar & also 7 or more restaurants. We like a variety to choose from. We are also looking for a resort thats for people in their 20's-30's. possibly an Adult only resort, doesn't have to be, but we dont want kids running/ splashing everywhere....We do want to have fun & for their to be night life. Doesnt have to be anything crazy, but we would like to stay up somewhat late & drink of coarse. Also we would like everything on site, we will not be leaving the resort once we are their.

Though their are so many requests, does anyone have any Resort ideas that you think would match us well?

Thanks in advance to any responses! ! ! ! !

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large Resorts in Cancun??

I can't think of any large, adults only resorts in Cancun with seven pools, seven bars, seven restaurants and a lazy river.

The largest resort in the area, afaik, is the Moon Palace, they have a number of pools and restaurants with nightly entertainment and a small disco. It, however, isn't adults only.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large Resorts in Cancun??

If you're not planning on leaving the resort I would look at the Secrets Silversands - it has all of these things (incl the multiple pools); the only draw back is its not in downtown Cancun - not far out like the resorts in the Mayan but not on the strip either. It had a decent evening scene, the outdoor and lobby bars were pretty packed until around 1-2AM and there was a disco/sports lounge as well.

USA
Level Contributor
693 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large Resorts in Cancun??

sounds more like the Iberostars in Paraiso - there is a lazy river and lots of restaurants - if you stay at the Iberostar Grand - (I can't remember the exact name) - you can frequent all the other resorts in the complex. We loved Iberostars a few years back - until we did Palace chains.

michigan
Level Contributor
410 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large Resorts in Cancun??

Moon Palace is large but not adults only. There is Aventura the same size as Moon but in Mayan Riveria and it is adults only. If you need more info on either one pm me. Good Luck

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,624 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Large Resorts in Cancun??

I was going to suggest the same thing as sunswims. It think it would be your best bet. You'd be staying at a luxury adults only property with full access to a large resort complex, The only problem is you will not be in Cancun. You really can't find resorts that big in Cancun anyway because there is not enough space.

The Moon Palace is probably the biggest resort in the area. I can't really recommend it because their beach is terrible.

The Valentin Imperial Maya is a large resort with a lazy river. They have two swim up bars, lots of restaurants and it is adults only. It is one of the best values in the area and I would recommend it.

So, in short, if you have the cash, pick the Iberostar Grand. If you are on a budget, pick the Valentin. Both resorts are south of Cancun.

6. Re: Large Resorts in Cancun??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:19