We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booked!!! secrets siversands!!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
denver,co
Level Contributor
882 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
booked!!! secrets siversands!!

Went back and forth between ME Cancun and secrets. Decided to stay a half hour away and make a couple trips to the city. Secrets just looks plain beautiful. Got a swim up room for only $90 more. Any advice on a good snorkel tour and zipline tour please let us know. We'll be there Feb 27th-March 2nd. So excited. Its our 3rd anniversary. We have a coupon for a romantic dinner on the beach too!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

Amazing choice - you won't be disappointed. I used a site called "mycancuntours" to go to Tulum and Coba and I was really impressed; they were very professional (sent confirms to my email right away, emailed me the night before to make sure I'd be in the lobby at the right time) - there were a few other couples from our hotel who got on the bus with us but had booked the tour from the lobby, they paid about $60 EACH more for the exact same thing. Not 100% sure if they pick up from Puerto Morelos but its worth checking out, its really not that far from the strip!

dorset
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

have a great time steelrman, we go in August for a week then topping it off with a week at The Royal, definately the best of both worlds!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

"We have a coupon for a romantic dinner on the beach too!!"

Yeah, you might want to read the fine print on that. It wasn't Secrets but another resort gave me a coupon like that too ...... turns out it was $20 off a $250 dinner!!! Given that it was an all inclusive resort, spending $230 for dinner didn't seem like such a great deal (plus, I totally don't get the whole dinner on the beach thing anyway!).

denver,co
Level Contributor
882 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

LOL. I read a review that it is legit. I wouldn't pay $250 for dinner on the beach. Ill tip him $50 if its free though!

Canada
Level Contributor
462 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

I'm glad you booked SSS. I was reading your last few posts and thinking to myself - "do it, book the one you REALLY want!"

You only live once - I'm sure you'll love it!

denver,co
Level Contributor
882 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

It was a hard decision. We wanted the hotel zone but this is our anniversary and we want more of a mellow couple resort. We will head up to Cancun to play one night

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

@ steelrman:

The coupon that you got, is it part of the $200 resort credit?

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

Have a great vacation Steelrman.

denver,co
Level Contributor
882 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

5stars42 . Ya it is a coupon from the $200 welcome kit. Think it is a $60 coupon.so it might be extra.

denver,co
Level Contributor
882 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booked!!! secrets siversands!!

Thanks bobnh. Even though its only 5 days we are pumped