We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

Hi all,

I SO need your help. We've been to Sun Palace 4 times and love it ~ especially the large balconies to enjoy our coffee in the morning and wine in the evening ~ and just hearing the ocean sounds.

I would love to try the LeBlanc but have to convince DH. He just feels we 'need' a balcony while on vacation. I might be willing to sacrifice a balcony because all the other amenities appear to be above and beyond. Plus, I think I would like a change.

Is there anything I can say to convince him we should try LeBlanc - at least once?

Thanks all! I value your opinions.

~Sharon

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

No balcony would be a deal breaker for me.

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

Since you love the large balconies at Sun Palace and your husband feels like you need them, I would say you will definitely miss them...maybe splurge for a governor suite??

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

We have stayed 4x at LeBlanc - and at many other AI resorts that had large balconies. While the balconies are nice to have, they rank much lower on our priority list than great food and service and the overall amenities of the resort.

LeBlanc is our favorite AO AI in Mexico, hands down. And the lack of a balcony has never been an issue for us. We do not consider it a sacrifice as everything about the resort is simply top notch.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

We could not even consider a resort without a balcony. We love it for early morning coffee, late evening nightcap...and it between when we just need quiet time away from the buzz of a resort. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

You love the Sun Palace ESPECIALLY the large balconies, i kind of think that answers your own question.

No matter how outstanding every other area of this resort is, the missing balcony would change the whole dynamics of the holiday for me.

Missouri
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

No help for you here the balconies are a must have for us.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
888 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

Im afraid' No Balcony' means 'No Go' for us. We look forward to sitting on our balcony first thing in the morning watching the sun rise with a coffee . Then were out there again at the end of the day with a nice beer or a glass of wine.

Thats whats so lovely about the Royal & why we chose it above Le Blanc last year !

I think lolaDorset summed it up for you & thats why we will be returning to The Royal in 2014 ! Tel

Edited: 14 February 2012, 12:20
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,625 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

No balcony is also a deal breaker for us. I love sitting out there at night with a cerveza, listening to the waves and feeling the ocean breeze. We will try LeBlanc once we can flip for the RGS.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

I am afraid I am spoiled to a balcony ocean view..The Sunrises are amazing..Just a great way to start the day, cup of coffee and a view from your balcony..

Edited: 14 February 2012, 12:32
N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will We Miss a Balcony if Book LeBlanc?

I love having a balcony also.