We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

Hi all! We have been to the GP once and loved it, but are always looking for a new experience. Considering Sens Del Mar or GP but am having trouble deciding! For the same price we would get an oceanview at GP. What we loved about GP:

More than one restaurant for breakfast and lunch - NOT just buffet

Oceanview balcony

Lively tiki bar

no kids

small resort

Any opinions as to whether you would choose SDM or GP would be appreciated! Pros and Cons would be helpful as well!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

My DH just went to GP in January with a bunch of guys and his opinion was that the rooms very outdated and he did not have a fridge in a room, it was a real downer for him....other then the rooms he really enjoyed the hotel and service there, considering he was with a group of 25 guys they were really well cared for.

We just booked our trip for next week and choose Sens Del Mar. According to Sunwing (with whom we booked) this is also Adults Only resort. Newly renovated and on the quiet side of Cancun. We really look forward to staying there.

I guess I wasn't much help...lol

Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

Definitely post a review on Sens Del Mar! Thanks for your help :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

We went to Sens del Mar in January and really enjoyed it. They had the Mexican and Italian restaurants open for lunch in addition to the snack bars (chicken, ceviche, sushi, paninis, burgers…). I believe that only the buffet is open for breakfast but you can always get room service as well.

It is an adults only resort and has a refined luxury attached to it. One of their restaurants has a traditional 16 course tasting menu. There were some amazingly innovative things that went on there. We really liked that they had champagne at breakfast (a requirement), a lovely martini bar, muddled drinks at the Sunset and VIP bars, and top chef liquor.

When we were there it wasn’t too lively of an atmosphere. They were only at 20% occupancy so I am sure that was some of it. We were able to meet some new friends in the lobby bar though.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

Thank you! I think you just made my mind up....it sounds perfect :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,053 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

Is Sens del Mar still run by the Oasis people?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

ZsaZsa - According to my research - yes it is. I think the full hotel name is Oasis Sens Del Mar

McKinney TX
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

Based on what I can tell, this is Adult Oriented but not Adult Only. Expedia says no children 12 and under. Guess that means 13 and up are ok.

Edited: 16 February 2012, 19:23
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

Yes it is run by Oasis. When we were there they actually had Oasis Corporate in during that time. I stayed at the Grand Oasis Marien in Puerto Plate, DR previously and enjoyed it. Not ever Oasis property is a party resort.

We were very impressed with their staff a lot of them came from the Excellence Resorts. In addition, their food and beverage director comes from The Peninsula Chicago.

There seems to be different verbiage regarding the adults only. We did not see any children there when we visited.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,053 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

We stayed there when it was the Grand Oasis Playa. I hope things have changed.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sens Del Mar VS Golden Parnassus

One thing we enjoyed here is that there is a pool in the back on the lagoon side of the property... as the sun goes down you can move with the sun!