We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Lagunamar - Newest Phase

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
509 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Lagunamar - Newest Phase

Has anyone stayed in the new phase since they opened? Is the new section full? Is this new section more for adults rather than families? (I thought I read this a while ago)

Boston...
Level Contributor
16 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Newest Phase

We're here now. Feels brands new and they're still working on it, though not in a disturbing way. It's pretty full. Doesn't feel crowded. Definitely not adults only. It's not really really separated from the older section, which is just a few feet away. Has a pretty big pool with a swim up bar, though not as big as the older pool. If you have more questions, ask and I'll try to answer.

Chicago
Level Contributor
509 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Newest Phase

Thanks Bosman. Is there a restaurant, or just pool bar? Does the new section have any common space/lobby or just rooms? Did they add any new amenities on the new side?

I never recall seeing a spa. Does Lagunamar have a spa?

Boston...
Level Contributor
16 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Newest Phase

In the new section, just a pool bar. The older section has a casual restaurant near the pool (good sandwiches, wraps etc, and they do the beach and pool food service during the day) with swim-up bar and a nicer restaurant (Oceana) that does a breakfast buffet and dinner. We didn't eat at Oceana.

There will be another lobby in the new section, but it's not finished yet, so we don't know what will be there. The main amenity is a large pool (though not as large as the old one and it's not an infinity pool) two hot tubs, grilling area with six or so gas grills, all in a central horseshoe-shaped courtyard area. More parking, too.

There is a spa, including a thatched hut on the beach that I think they use for massages. We didn't use of the spa facilities.

4. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Newest Phase

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:16