We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

Can't decide between the two. Food and customer service does not seem up to par at Iberostar. I'm going in May so maybe things will have improved by then. Fiesta Americana gets great reviews on customer satisfaction, food and fun. But sounds like many problems with rooms. Maintenance, small bathroom, bad lighting, old furniture. Don't want to feel like I'm sleeping at a Motel 6. Please advise and give your opinions. Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

What do you care more about, your room being great or the food and service being great? I'd pick food and service over caring about a room needing some updating, but I know that you want your room to be nice too. Is there another option that gives you all your wants?

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

Ive stayed in an oceanfront villa at Iberostar when it was the Hilton and imho the rooms are very basic. From looking at pics the Iberostar rooms and the rooms at FACC are very similiar.

Pittsburgh...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

Does anyone have any more comments on this? My family seems to be teetering between these two hotels for our vacation.

Brazil, Indiana
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

We stayed at FACC the first week in May. You may have read my review. I have not been to Iberostar, but we really enjoyed Fiesta. We were only in our room to shower before dinner, and to sleep at night. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

We stayed at FACC in December (see my review - liked it).. walked to the Iberostar and onto the property to check it out. More "zen" like.. very quiet. Pool is nice, but not "on the beach" like FACC, as it's set back quite a distance. We picked FACC due to good pricing, no tiered service, no reservations needed for dinner, and it offered all the amenities of higher end resorts. The rooms are older.. but we are outdoor people on vacation :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

Just returned from FACC last week. We loved it. Yes rooms are a little dated, but you're really only in them to sleep and shower. They were sufficient enough for us and our needs. Food was great and service was TOP NOTCH! I've never had such great service anywhere. Everyone works so hard there and they always have a smile on their faces. We will definitley return to FACC in the future just based on the service we received alone.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

I have zero interest is staying at the new Iberostar based on past stays at their resorts. Reservations are needed for many of the ala cartes and they are restricted. And IMO food is not a strong point.

FACC has been a favorite for years. It is lovely, a perfect size with a great staff and good food. I think the rooms look fine since the refresh and would stay there any time,

I like a more personal less chain hotel experience and FACC delivers.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

I agree with the above, I felt FACC was better than average on the rooms and fantastic for food and service. I got a great deal, but I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

9. Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Vs- Iberostar Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:40