We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it acceptable to use a bubba

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
connecticut
Level Contributor
190 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is it acceptable to use a bubba

I was just curious what people thought a bought using a a bubba mug or such at a resort like La Blanc.I know pool service is very efficient.If lounging by the pool or on the beach,it's nice not to wait around for another cold beverage because they use those little plastic cups.Or is using these just not done at a 5 diamond resort.

Edited: 28 February 2012, 03:33
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

They search every check in guest for bubba's and confiscate them. You will have it back at check out.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

If it's all-inclusive, why do you need a bigger mug than the cup provided? You know they will quickly come back and give you a refill.

There have been many discussions on this subject, and I know that I am on the loosing side. Obesity in the developed countries prove that people want more and more and more. Can't you do with what is provided?

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

Le Blanc doesn't use little plastic cups, even with beach service. They're pretty decent size. I've never seen anyone use a bubba mug at a resort in Cancun. You can ask the server for two drinks and reorder when you get to your backup drink.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

I'm not sure what obesity has to do with keeping your drink cold, galveston_gal.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

Many people take and use a bubba keg. I have taken them with us several times but never used them. Personally, we just use whatever is offered at the resort.

london
Level Contributor
121 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

drink it before it gets warm?

beer at le blanc is cold and you can have an ice bucket,.

you can do what you like here with your bubba or a thermos flask or anything else ..... didn't feel like a 5 star hotel to me whan i was there but you wont go thirsty, the service is good.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

I've read they bring you ice buckets to keep your drinks cold.

Va
Level Contributor
10,765 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

Nothing screams I am an over indulging American more than a trash can sized mug with a handle. I have no problem making extra trip or two to the bar to get a fresh drink to avoid being that guy.

Hood River, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

Wow, so glad I came across this topic. I actually just tossed a bubba into my suitcase for the very reason of keeping my beverage cold on the beach. I won't be staying at a resort where somebody is bringing me drinks. Do I get a pass for having a thermal drink container? I sure don't want to tick anyone off or look like a moron......

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it acceptable to use a bubba

We've never taken one before, but this year I'd planned on doing that, because we will be walking along the beach and those little cups at the bar, won't take us very far. I had been reading that alot of people take them. There was just a post on this about a week ago.