We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

Hi, I keep reading about how uncomfortable the beds are at Fieasta Condesa Cancun. Does anyone know if this is really true? Is there any way to get a mattress topper??

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

matress comfort is a personal choice,

to answer your question Is there any way to get a mattress topper?? yes they sell them at Costco, and other stores within Cancun

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

I haven't stayed in Fiesta Condesa but I can respond in general. The vast majority of resorts that I have stayed at in the tropics all seem to have what I would call firm beds. I typically stay at mid-range resorts. They use firm beds because they last longer, and are easier to care for. I am ussually exhausted after a day in the ocean and a long evening that includes more drinks then I am use to, so I sleep well. I just do a bit more stretching in the morning while on vacation, partly the bed, and partly sore muscles from the booze and activity.

Livonia, Michigan...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

I won't call them super uncomfortable-just noticeably firm. I would go back to FACC in a heartbeat though, firm beds or not!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,631 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

The responses above are pretty spot on to what I've noticed with some resorts in Cancun, mainly AI's. I've stayed at Riu Cancun and noted a very firm bed. I did a search and noticed a review from '04 that mentioned requesting a mattress topper does work (I think it's about 4 reviews down):

tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g150807-d1526…

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
274 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

It's been a year since I was there, but I thought the bed was very comfortable.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

We thought the mattress was perfect for us.. but we like firm beds. Have also stayed at RIU's and Palace resorts.. very similar. The Dreams line.. way too soft for us. It's a personal preference. I'd pick firm over the "canyon type" that dip in the middle.

Waterford, Michigan
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

We were there in Nov 11. My husbands bed had 6 legs on the frame but mine only had 5, LOL, it was missing the one in the middle on one side. As a result it did sag in the center and also leaned to that side. Because of the bedskirt I didn't know until just before we left or I would have complained. Mattress on my husbands bed was not all that comfortable for our taste even though it had all the legs. So sometimes you just don't know, could have been because it was a cheaper lagoon view room.

8. Re: Are the beds really uncomfortable at Fiesta Condesa Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:18