We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

Douglasville...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

We stayed at the Catalonia Riviera Maya last year and had Priviledged status, so we're kind of spoiled now, but now I'm trying to go the budget route this year. I do realize that if I am going to be on a budget I can't expect the best or top notch of anything-- but I still want to try to get the best that's available within my budget range. This time we are specifically looking at AI's in the Hotel Zone for the action and things to do. Some of the best bargains I'm finding online are Bellevue Beach Paradise, Barcelo Costa, Great Parnassus and Royal Solaris (all between $759 - $904 per person for 6 nights in July, flying from Atlanta, GA). However, I want to be near the heart of the action in the Hotel Zone (to cut down on taking taxis to go shopping, etc.). Which of these AI hotels are closest to the thick of things? Which of these AI's has the best food? Is food available 24hrs (or until really late at night)? Which has a really nice beach (for the money spent, of course)? Looking at pictures doesn't help me really b/c they all *look* good until you see it in person.

For me, I really want to someplace that has nice rooms (not posh and plush, but not too stark and overly basic either), a nice, hopefully somewhat walkable beach (with snorkeling, perhaps?), and GOOD FOOD (thinking Golden Corral--good, not shi-shi-poo-poo). Any help or other suggested (budget) AI's would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

Fiesta Americana Condesa is budget friendly and a very nice resort in the hotel zone.

kennesaw Ga
Level Contributor
198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

Riu Palace Las Americas and Riu Cancun are very close.. The down side is the beach, very small.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

The others close are :

LeBlanc - Very high end and $$$$

Dreams

Be Live Grand Viva Beach

Be Live Viva Beach

All these plus the Rius are a 5 - 10 minute walk to the Club scene.....

Douglasville...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

Which of the above mentioned hotels are close to the action? I'm looking for budget AI's. Thanks.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

All my above are near it, as I said. The 2 "Be Live" resort's are the cheapest....

Douglasville...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

We're going to go with the Golden Parnassus instead. Thanks for the posts.

7. Re: Hotel Zone All-Inclusives near the prime action

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:40