We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

What is your favorite AO AI resort and why?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

Valentin Imperial Maya.

Comfy beds, great beach, no reservations for dinner, no wristbands and I've yet to find another adult only that offers better value.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

Le Blanc & Secrets Maroma Beach. Both for their great service and beautiful beach!

Pascagoula...
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

COZUMEL PALACE BY FAR. That still depends on what you like to do. Rain or shine the bar area/lobby is all glass and you feel like you are outside. It's small but not small on looks. Don't let the ouside fool you. The rooms are large and balconies to die for. If you snorkel, you are in heaven. We watched shows entirely from there. If you have to have the whole spa thing, you can travel across to Playa to their spa, it's not a problem. We have been to all but Le Blanc. Best kept little secret. There are some fabulous beaches to go to for a day trip.

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

Easy - LeBlanc , superior service , great food , nice beach . Been to over 30 A.I 's and LeBlanc to us is in a class by itself!!

belleville
Level Contributor
349 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

The Royal in Cancun. Hands down is our favourite by far. Amazing food, service and gorgeous rooms. Check the rating. Although it is only rated #2 behind Le Blanc, It has more than twice the reviews!. That says volumes. The Le Blanc is more money.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

I do not believe that Cozumel Palace is adults only.

LeBlanc is our #1 based on consistently excellent service and very good food as well as top shelf liquor, nice wines, perfect location and chic ambiance.

Next is El Dorado Seaside for gorgeous grounds, very good food and service and attractive rooms. Beach not the best though.

Next is Live Aqua for beach, pools, location and rooms as well as lovely grounds and chic, upscale ambiance.

Edited: 19 March 2012, 10:07
sunderland u.k.
Level Contributor
426 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

Another vote for Le Blanc, for all the reasons stated above. The staff are so friendly & helpful, they end up like family! We don't usually go to the same hotel twice but we will be going for our 6th visit in 6 years in November. It really is that good!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,888 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

We have been to ERC, VIM, Royal Hideaway, RPDC, Royal in Cancun, Sun Palace and the Golden Parnassus. I think they all have their good points and bad points. Aside from the Golden Parnassus, I would return to any of them for a good price. So, my favorite is the lowest priced one at the time I want to book. For me, they are all good but unremarkable. The next tier of resorts (LeBlanc, IB Grand, Secrets Maroma...) are not currently in our price range but I seriously doubt they are substantially nicer than the places we have already been. I'm sure they are nicer but I don't think their additional advantages warrant their additional cost.

Right now, I think Live Aqua looks like the best option but we are going back to Isla again this year. IMHO, Isla blows away the mainland with its high concentration of good inexpensive restaurants. The idea of eating in all inclusive restaurants is no longer appealing to me. Forced elegance is not my idea of a vacation and the food almost never meets expectations.That's just my opinion, FWIW.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

We've been to the Royal in Cancun and liked it, we liked Royal in Playa just a bit better except for the pool. The Royal Cancun pool was much better. LeBlanc is most likely out of our price range. There are so many great looking resorts!

Edited: 19 March 2012, 21:52
Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite adult-only all-inclusive resort

Anyone else have a favorite?