We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to book?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Topic
when to book?

I need to book a trip for 7 to Cancun Wed-Sun over Thanksgiving this year. Should I book now? or wait awhile?? I've been checking prices every couple of days and they seem to fluctuate quite a bit! Since I'm paying for all 7 (it's a family anniversary trip), I'd really like to find the best prices I can!! But I'm not flexible on the dates and we really want to stay at the Fiesta Americana Condesa so should I just suck it up and do it??

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
455 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to book?

Have you considered one of the sights that guarantee a refund of the difference if a package is booked at a lower price after you have booked your's? Thanksgiving week will be busy.

Troy, Missouri
Level Contributor
450 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to book?

I wouldn't wait to book, but like DFW stated, find one with an insurance package that will give you the lower rate if it goes down. We do that through Funjet and it is well worth the extra money.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to book?

Not only the above reasons, with the severe spike and still rising fuel costs, it may not come down in price for years...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
426 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when to book?

if you see something fit your budget, you should grab it ASAP. Price will only go higher as time gets closer plus Thanksgiving has the highest price tag throughout the year. Last year it costed USD 9XX for one person to Cancun RT. I eventually had to drop the the idea of going.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,792 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to book?

Book ASAP for that time period, the early reports I've read in the local Mexican Press indicate that this Thanksgiving through Holiday Season is already booking heavily and quickly.

Not only is it the start of the breakout off of slow season, the fuel price issues previously mentioned but this year has the Maya Prophecy Gig going full force.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
426 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to book?

just checked the Thanksgiving time frame. For AeroMexico, it's only 505 vs jetblue 855 NON STOP from JFK, New York. Grab it if you already have plan. Last year it reached $950 by July and almost $1100 by Sept.

Iowa
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: when to book?

Thanks for the info! Guess I better get shopping!! Do you have any preferences for travel sites when booking for a group? I"m finding I can't book for 7 all at once on line, apparently I'll need to call.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: when to book?

I'd suggest a travel agent for a group..

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: when to book?

Yes.. book as soon as you see a "deal" you can live with. We always use Delta Vacations.-- when booking air and hotel together, they discount the airfare about $150/pp. And, you can call and a "live" person can help you, sometimes finding better airfare and pkg than what's advertised online. We stayed at FACC over Christmas.. nice and affordable!

10. Re: when to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:27