We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

Can anyone tell me if they sell Marlboro Menthol Milds, or now Marlboro Menthol Blue Pack, in Cancun?

Also, is it cheaper for me to just bring a Carton or should I buy them in Cancun while I am there. I pay about $60 a carton where I live.

Thanks in advance

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

Check the Duty Free shop online from your departing airport. I always by my cartons at Newark Liberty for much less. Cartons by me run around $75.00-$80.00 but at the airport I pay around $40.00. Than I purchase more at the Cancun duty before returning (Cheaper in Cancun Airport) Imo.

:-)

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

Don`t know if they sell that particular style but cigs are cheaper in Cancun, approx. $25 a carton if you go to WalMart. At the airport when you go to pick up your luggage, there is a duty free shop, check in there. To be safe, I would bring a carton with you

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

Definitely buy them at the duty free shop prior to your departure to Cancun. Like the previous poster, that is what my wife and I do and then buy more on the way out of Cancun.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

The only problem I have is I am not sure if they carry mine at the Duty Free shop. I will check them out online and see if they carry mine and get them there.

Thanks for all of the information.

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

Oh, now I see your possible predicament!! What brand do you smoke??

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

Marlboro Milds, Marlboro Menthol Milds or Marlboro Menthol Blue Back.

They have changed the name on them so much and now all Marlboro's are colors instead of names.

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

it is illegal to now called cigarettes lights, milds , ultra lights, etc hence now they are all named by colors. Also cigarettes in Mexico that are Phillip Morris like Marlboro etc are not made by Phillip Morris. They are made by another company under a license agreement so they are not the same anyway

Edited: 17 April 2012, 19:41
Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,969 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

My wife smokes the Menthol marlboro's...She would not smoke the ones we bought at the airport...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

It could be illegal to call them "Lights, Milds, Ultra Lights, etc, but I still call them that and I haven't been arrested, yet. LOL, One of the previous posters is correct, the ciggs aren't the same in Cancun, differernt taste, not to bad, but if your craving your own, I suggest buy in the states at the airport before you go. JMHO

:-)

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigarettes Question for the Smokers

luvcancun08

obviously you can call them what you want, It is illegal for manufacturers to call them that. I have some experience in this inasmuch as I worked 23 years for a major tobacco company