We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Topic
What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

I'm looking to take a day trip to Chichen Itza. Everyone on here seems to recommend going with a small group and getting there before all the big buses and the heat of midday gets there.

What tour company would you recommend? How do I get in touch with them from home? Or how do I find them once I'm in Cancun? Someone on here suggested Flavio Tours, but I can't find much information on them? Has anyone used them?

Thnaks

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

Most tour companies offer a private tour option. When I went the first time five years ago, I just googled "private tours chichen itza" (I wasn't aware of Trip Advisor). I ended up with this group:

cancunandrivieramaya.com/chichen-itza-privat…

Had a great trip, no problems.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

thats what google is for, they come right up

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Actually I have already consulted with google and have found a few options. I was hoping to hear from some people who have been on these tours. What they thought of their company. The good and the bad. What to look for. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

Hammer, the link I posted above worked well for us. The driver was great. He picked us up when we wanted, stopped where we wanted, etc. We wanted to arrive at Chichen Itza early, so he picked us up at 7:00. He took care of the tickets for us (you have to buy two different tickets or some such), and walked right to the entrance. He was waiting when we got done, and we wanted to go to Valladolid for lunch. We went, ate, and shopped, and he was waiting when we wanted to go home. A great day, no troubles. Of course, this was ~5 years ago, so past performance certainly doesn't guarantee future success...

I was at Chichen Itza in January, and did everything myself using the bus system. But....that is a different topic altogether.

Powell, Tennessee
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

We have used E Cab Explorers a couple of times, Eric is great.

http://www.ecabexplorer.com/

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

How about a rental car for the day?

Newtown...
Level Contributor
221 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

Our family of 4 is going with Flavio tours to Chitchen Itza in May. Their email is: carolwyuca@yahoo.com>

It appears Carol is Flavio's wife, and she handles all correspondence.It took her 2 days to answer my email, but she has been very responsive in dealing with our limited schedule and other questions.. It appears no credit card numbers or cash is sent in advance, and Flavio collects total payment in cash the day of tour. I have read positive reviews about Flavio, and I will post a review after our trip with him.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

Someone else recommended Flavio Tours. I emailed them and got a response, but then when I emailed back for more info I never heard from them again. Maybe they've just been busy. I don't know.

I was hoping to hear from some other people about companies they have used and whether they would recommend them or not.

I don't think I would get a rental car. I've never driven in Mexico and have heard a lot of people have trouble with them. Thanks for the suggestion though.

9. Re: What's the best tour company for a trip to Chichen Itza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:15