We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Park Royal or Riu Las Americas

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greer, SC
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Park Royal or Riu Las Americas

Going to be in Cancun in a few weeks. We are switcing our reservations from the New Peninsula RIU to something else and I have to make a decision in the next week. The above two resorts seem to fit our style. Any advice or tips, pros or cons for either would be greatly appreciated. We want to mainly stay around the resort because its a long weekend trip versus a few week or more. Just trying to narrow it down. Any other options to look into would be great. Thanks in Advance. ZANE

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
394 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Park Royal or Riu Las Americas

just wondering why you are switching from Riu Peninsula?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Park Royal or Riu Las Americas

I have never been to Grand Park Royal.. so cannot comment on this - however, I have been to RPLA and would highly recommend it! The service is outstanding, the resort itself is absolutely gorgeous - it is fairly small, but the pools are great! The beach is also fairly small but still beautiful!

The food was also great - you need to make reservations as soon as you get there!! The rooms are a good size and always extremely clean!

If you have any specific questions let me know!

Greer, SC
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Park Royal or Riu Las Americas

mountain chick- RIU peninsula is telling me on the phone they are finished and ready to open. Those who have just retunred from RIU caribe and other local posters are saying NO WAY its done. We are scheduled to be there in 3 weeks and everyone is saying it could be done but is highly unlikely. I need some place that is full operational. We are going there and back so quick I would hate to waste my time going to the other Riu resorts just to get in a poool or eat. Thats the only reason at this point.

Sunkissed- Thanks for the info. We have been to Playa del carmen and the dominican republic and stayed at more of the resort type location and I know Cancun has more HOTEL types and I'm wanting something with a good pool atomosphere (swim up bar) and then the availibity to swim in the ocean maybe even snorkel. Food is always hit and miss but both of these resorts have gotten great reviews. Appreciate the information. Thanks,

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Park Royal or Riu Las Americas

I think RPLA has exactly what you are looking for!

There is a great pool atmosphere... a GREAT swim up bar with music all day!

The ocean is very calm here & perfect for snorkeling!!!!

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,339 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Park Royal or Riu Las Americas

Can't comment on GPR but we loved our stay at RPLA. Super nice staff!!

6. Re: Grand Park Royal or Riu Las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:17