We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bug spray needed?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bug spray needed?

Going to Cancun August 31st - Sept 5 with my boyfriend, staying at the new Hotel Riu Palace Peninsula. Do we need to pack bug spray, for the beach or anything? My 2nd trip, his 1st so we're not too sure what we need to bring. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

home
Level Contributor
141 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bug spray needed?

We go to the same hotel in June.....We will take it with us for sure...better than nothing.....for assurance......

Have a great time en don't let the mosquitos bite you ;-)

2. Re: Bug spray needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2012, 15:47
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bug spray needed?

Mosquitoes show up at night only after sunset and mainly close to the beach.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bug spray needed?

We were in Cancun last August almost the exact same time and did run into quite a few mosquitoes. We had the most trouble downtown. I wear long pants even on vacation and they didn't get at me too much. They did bite my wife and friends legs/ankles until we sprayed. I say bring the spray.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bug spray needed?

If it rains or if you go into the jungle you will need bug spray. We always bring something with deet in it with us.

Edited: 30 April 2012, 18:41
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bug spray needed?

Yup take some deet with you and also something for "after bite" better to be safe :)

7. Re: Bug spray needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:42