We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Tours

Tennessee
2 posts
Save Topic
Jungle Tours

My husband and I are coming to Cancun in June. We are looking at different excursions and saw the Jungle Tours. Is it worth it?

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Tours

I think it's a fun thing to do once. My husband and I did it the first time we ever went to Cancun and that was several years ago. The snorkeling is not that great. But it was fun getting out to the reef in the little speedboats. If you keep in mind that it's a "fun" thing and not going to be a great snorkeling experience, you'll enjoy it. Try to book early the morning trips. Reef is less disturbed then and you'll see more marine life. By the afternoon, several groups have visited the reef and stirred things up.

Mpls
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Tours

I agree 100% with Dive Girl. It's pretty fun, but not the best snorkeling. I'm glad we did it.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle Tours

We did it and our tour went on jetskis. That was an experience in the very choppy ocean. The boats looked a lot more stable. But we had a great time scaring each other. They are right....for a great half day trip it is worth every penny. If you are a snorkeling novice it will give you your feel and the ride there is a great time.

Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
139 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungle Tours

We also are planning on doing the jungle tour through aquawold. I'm a little concerned because we were doing this tour to encorporate the snorkeling. If it is not great???? is it even worth doing. Why do you think the snorkeling is not good?

Walsall, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jungle Tours

The jungle tour is quite enjoyable, you can book it through aquaworld, but we found it a lot cheaper to go to the shopping malls like Isla shopping centre or Downtown.

If you want it for a lil experience, to tell everyone you have been there done that, its fine.

But with the snorkeling on the jungle tour your confined to a small strip and there isnt a lot of marine life

The best thing to do is go for the jungle tour, if you think its not enough just book half a day out snorkeling

Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jungle Tours

Thank you all for your input. I think that we may book the Jungle Tour for one of the mornings that we are there. Thanks again!

Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jungle Tours

StillDreaming: I think the snorkeling is not that great because the reef is heavily visited almost daily which limits the amount of marine life. But that's not to say it isn't an enjoyable snorkeling trip. And if you are a novice snorkeler, it's a really great tour to practice your skills and see some amazing things.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jungle Tours

Is there more than one company that does the Jungle Tour? Or are there many different operators?

If there's more than one, does anyone have any preference between them?

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jungle Tours

There are several that offer their version of the Jungle Tour. It will be called the same on all. Aquaworld is very good. Most of the bookers you use will send you to them. The only main difference I found was some use jetskis and some use 2person boats. There is a guy named "Cancun Joe" who is an expert on here and he recommended a site online we used and were happy with. It saved us some agent fees and we found out that our resort had a shuttle to the aquaworld launch.

Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
139 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jungle Tours

Metrokiwi, what is the web site for the jungle tour that cancun told you. I have searched and searched through old threads and cannot find it. Thanks