We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather forcaste! :(

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
265 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
weather forcaste! :(

ive just looked for the weather forcaste for, next week and beyond. it looks terrible!!!

i hope its a mistake!!

Mount kisco, ny
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather forcaste! :(

looks fine to me.. more sun then clouds everyday.

but as many people have tried to say.. the weather predictions are never right..

there are many posts on this now here.. and everyday was listed as showers ysterday.. just goes to show it is to far to predict.

myforecast.com/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m…

most rain is at night in the tropics.... or around 3-6 pm

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
265 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather forcaste! :(

thanks john p. we arrive on the 17th may! its says thunder and lightening, everyday day onwards...

boooooo!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather forcaste! :(

As your vacation gets closer, the forecast gets better. Not to worry, it will be beautiful! We were in Cancun May 2-9 and it was hot, sunny, hot, & gorgeous every day!

Hakuna Matata! Enjoy your trip!

Lambertville, MI
Level Contributor
434 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather forcaste! :(

We were going with another couple and a week before we were leaving, she asked me about the weather. I said "Don't look", she did. It showed solid rain for 5 of the 7 days that we were there. Only sun was the arriving day and departing day. So, I looked. It was so depressing. We both, for the next week, checked all the weather sites many times every day. We arrived in Cancun to sunshine and it was amazing beautiful the whole week. Oh wait, we had a 30 minute cloud.

My opinion, the weather sites do this on purpose so they get hits, hits and more hits. Remember, their ad prices go by how many hits on their sites. If it says sunshine a week ahead of time, we wouldn't go back to the site. But human nature, we keep looking until it looks better.

So, don't look. :)

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather forcaste! :(

forecast looks pretty good, read it again.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather forcaste! :(

I think you are ok if its predicted 30% or less for rain. The 60% you see forecasted out will probalby drop, we had the same forecast in April and ours dropped. Of our 14 days we had 2 days that weren't perfect, and we had some showers. Rain for an hour, sun came back out for a hour...on and on like that for those 2 days.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
265 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather forcaste! :(

Thanks people! I feel alot more confident!!!!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
265 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather forcaste! :(

Thanks people! I feel alot more confident!!!!Prynsess.. You make alot of sense!! :)

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather forcaste! :(

Pryncess the forecast rarely shows rain everyday unless a system is moving through. What likely happened is you didnt read the entire forecast and ignored the percents and words like scattered and isolated. They probably dont juice the forecast to get more hits as over time fewer people would visit the site if they did that.

london
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather forcaste! :(

I'm off to cancun tomorrow and must admit i was a bit nervous about the weather but like ppl have said the weather forecast want hits and also if it does rain it's not for long have a great holiday!