We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
500 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

My husband and I just purchased the Milockie system for our upcoming vacations because we are worried about getting our belongings stolen. It will probably take a week or so to get here since it is being shipped from The Netherlands. I am very short-tempered when I feel like someone has deliberately disrespected me and when I know I am right and people gang up on me. This will save me a lot of headaches if something were to happen, and will possibly save me from doing something that will send me to jail while on vacation, lol. I will keep you guys updated once I have tried it for the first time.

Here a few helpful links in case you guys consider investing in one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPNjvJdaSLs

http://www.milockie.com/

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,546 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

I've recently considered one of these or something like it. Our friends room and safe were recently broken in to while we were on vacation and I wonder if this would have worked. I'll need to check it out.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

This looks confusing as heck! I'm sure I would end up having to have the safe cut open or take 20 minutes just to figure out how to open and close it!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,538 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

Glad you said that , Pato. It confused me also but I thought it was only me !

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,633 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

How much?

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
500 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

We paid $98.00 in total. We purchased it via PayPal. I know it's pricey but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

That's strange, I thought it was simple. It looks like it will take two to three minutes to lock but I think it is something you can get easily accustomed to. I would rather spend two to three minutes installing the Milockie than spending an entire vacation day at a precinct filing a report or wasting my time notifying the hotel manager and then having my entire room inspected by hotel personnel with no results. I will keep you guys posted on it's usage and installation.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,633 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

A $100.00 well spent! The operation seems pretty simple, and prob. would not take but a few minutes to perfect.

Nice invention, I'm buying one!

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
500 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

I thought it was pretty nifty myself! I'm glad I could be of some assistance. I really hate reading posts regarding thefts in the hotel rooms. It would be nice to nip this in the bud!

California
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

Is the magnetic anchor a danger to the hard drive of a computer?

California
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

Here is a page I found on Amazon. Scroll down to the bottom for the review:

amazon.com/Milockie-17312-Hotel-Safe-Lock/dp…

romford
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We just purchased the Milockie to protect our valuables.

We purchased a Milockie about 4 years ago, and was £50 well spent. Only thing I would say is that the combination paddlock it came with was adequate but not very good ...... we bought a stronger one.

Regards,

Pat