We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

We are heading to Cancun next week (June 7th) - the forecast is calling for clouds and rain every day! In fact, I don't see sun anywhere in the forecast! Please tell me that this could be inaccurate?!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

We'll be arriving on the 6th and see the same forecasts. I will say that I've been watching the extended forcasts for a good couple of weeks, and this week and last both called for rain and overcast skies each day. However, as the days got closer (and/or by the actual day) the forcast most often included sun and occasional showers.

Since June is rainy season in Cancun (usually meaning a period of showers each day in the midst of sun -- a la Florida, if I"m not mistaken) I wonder if the forcasts that go out more than a couple of days tend to call for overcast skies and rain..?

In any case, a rainy day in Cancun is better than a sunny day at work. :)

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

the forecast is usually accurate, usually its problems with comprehension by those reading it. The forecast does not call for rain everyday. Look at it again and pay attention to the per cents and words like isolated and scattered.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

Thank you, awetum. I agree, a rainy day in Cancun is better than a sunny day at work! I am hopeful that we will see some sun!

As for your comment Katzgar (and your comment on my accidental duplicate post), WOW! Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed or something? I will ignore your unnecessarily rude and negative posts. I don't need to be told to "pay attention", I saw the "scattered" and "isolated" reports. My concern was for the lack of sun in the picture - not that I should have to explain myself to you. Besides, how do you know which forecast I was looking at?! Oh, and by the way "per cents" is correctly spelled "percents"!

Indiana
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

Maybe this will help. Bookmark the link I have provided. It is a webcam atop the Beach Palace in Cancun. I look at it every day just to dream! Look at it now. Beautiful sunshine. I just checked the forecast and it calls for 50% chance of thunderstorms! This is a typical Cancun forecast. Just look at the webcam everyday and see the weather for yourself.

www.webcamsdemexico.com/webcam-cancun.html

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

Thank you RBindiana! I will definitely look at the link!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

Looking past the little picture is a big help in understanding the forecast.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

Katzger, if you are not on this site to be positive and offer a useful opinion, please defer from responding to my posts. Thank you.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

Katzgar is spelled Katzgar.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

June 1st (Today) starts the Rainy/Hurricane season in the tropics folks. Chances of rain and predicting will lean toward the rainy side. Percentages will be toward the 60% or higher for rain until Nov.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: clouds and rain forecasted for every day we are in cancun!

This question gets asked everyday by someone stressing out over nothing. Just pay attention to see if a hurrican is in the area, otherwise why worry. Do a search here first before you ask a question and you may find a great answer that you may not get when you ask a question. You may find that some clouds this time of year is a good thing along with some rain as it can get very hot in the sun. We always go in June once our son is out of school, last year it rained sideways for 3 days, the year before it was really hot and sunny until the last day when it rained. Over the last 5 years we probably average 1 1/2 days of rain.

Katzgar posts may not have a very positive theme but he is correct, you just have to get over the way that it is written.