We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Regina Cancun

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Regina Cancun

Has anyone stayed here recently, and how do you get an ocean view room? The info we have says lagoon view, so we are wondering if the timeshare part has ocean view?

Best Seller
Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus...
139 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
Viator Exclusive: Early Access to...
1,057 reviews
from US$97.33*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun
1,382 reviews
from US$64.50*
Best Seller
Chichen Itza Tour and Cenote Swimming...
159 reviews
from US$49.00*
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Regina Cancun

We stayed there in Oct of 2004. We asked for any upgrades when we checked in, and we were offered an ocean view for $20 a night more. We took it because we were only there for 3 nights and had gotten a good deal in the first place. I do like ocean views. I know most people don't spend much time in the room, but it still is nice to see that blue water when you look out your window!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
946 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Regina Cancun

Both the hotel and timeshare parts have oceanview and lagoon view. The hotel rooms are the same inside with either view, unless you get the concierge level (ocean view 6th floor) which have balconies, continental breakfast, and managers reception included in the evening. The hotel still has not opened since the hurricaine. We are staying at the timeshare (Club Regina) May 27-June 3rd and they called to tell us that they expect the hotel to open June 1. They wanted us to know that all the facilities may not be open for our whole vacation. That was ok for us. We stopped in there in Jan. while we were staying at the Riu Caribe. The condo part was open then, hotel didn't look too bad at that point though we couldn't get inside to tell what was being done.

Virginia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Regina Cancun

We are staying on the timeshare side (Club Regina) May 6 - 13. Does anyone know about the condition of this Resort? Are all the facilities open? The gym there is great, I hope it's open.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Regina Cancun

The best thing you can do about this resort right now is to make sure they are open. If they are open, then it will be completely redone, since it was still a mess back in February.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Regina Cancun

We stayed there via timeshare and had an ocean view. I imagine if you contact the resort directly they can answer this question for you.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Regina Cancun

I will be in Cancun May 17-21 for a wedding. Orginally the wedding was to take place at the Westin but due to reconstruction after the hurricane the opening date kept getting pushed back. The latest info I heard via the bride was that the hotel wouldn't be opened until May. The wedding has been moved to the Le Meridien. I'd check with the hotel to confirm their reconstruction status. Good Luck : )