We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

Hi, has anyone books the Moon palace with British Airways? I wondered if they only used rooms in a particular area of the hotel. I have read that Thomas Cook only use the 'sunrise' section.

Many thanks.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

Am so glad you asked this as I wanted to ask the same question. We're going with BA on 7th July. Doesn't seem clear which section we'll be allocated.

Got transfer booked and no idea where to get dropped off! Hoping to use some of our palace dollars to upgrade as well.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

Would love to know the answer as-well. We have booked with BA to the Moon Palace in October.

Rising Sun, IN
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

On your confirmation from Moon Palce it should have a conf # MPSxxxxxx, or MPNxxxxxx. That tells you what section you are booked in! I guess the tour packages don't let you just book the section you want, like we do?

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

cjjames - we don't have a confirmation from Moon Palace as the holiday was booked with British Airways not directly with the hotel.

Mine isn't really a tour package as I booked my flights separately as they were an award booking. There was no option to choose a section when booking. On booking there was a special offer for a free upgrade from Deluxe to Superior Deluxe so don't know if that makes any difference to section allocated?

Rising Sun, IN
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

I guess normally those conf/ #'s tell you what you have booked. As Palace Members, we just call Palace direct or e-mail them when we are booking reservations for ourselves, or someone who is going as a referral under our VIP membership. It must be different @'s when booking through the website. That is odd though.

The first catagory room just deluxe is likely back off the water and garden view. Superior deluxe "can" have various type oceanview, though the best oceanview room priorities usually a assigned to VIP members or our guests in general I beleive. I have heard of non-members sometime getting great oceanview rooms booked also! It happens! It does depend on occupancy rates too. I had heard that pkgs. usually book into the Sunrise section. Families definitely do.The FB Palace Forum www.facebook.com/groups/319433824803067 might have someone who can help you further! Hope this helps a bit! You will still have a great trip1 Moon Palace is our favorite resort! :-)

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

Thanks for that! We are a couple and thought we might get Grand? Who knows. It is only 24 days to go! ;-)

Rising Sun, IN
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

I will message you an e-mail to ask for that section if you want!

Coventry England
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

BA used to use the Grand, I have booked with them this year and contacted the hotel and they told me I will be at Sunrise I have tried to change to the Grand side but they just keep referring me to BA which isn't much help so I will request the change when I arrive.

So based on that I would say Sunrise, hope that helps but if some one can confirm who have been recently that would be great.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

Hi - just got back from two weeks at the Moon with BA. Have no idea from our flight overall who was in what hotel but can tell you based on the transfer.

We pre-booked the transfer that was available with BA and from this bus load, four family groups were dropped off at each of Sunrise and Nizuc and only ourselves and one other couple were at the Grand. We loved the Grand and would prefer to stay in this section if we go to the Moon again.

The other couple who had arrived with us had contacted the hotel by telephone the week before travelling to request a room at the Grand (they had stayed at all the hotels in previous visits).

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling with BA to Moon Palace?

HI cjjames1, could you PM me the email address so that i can make contact with the Moon Palace regarding which section i would like for my forthcoming holiday. I too have booked via British Airways.