We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace Restaurant Question

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Moon Palace Restaurant Question

We have stayed at Moon a couple of times. I keep reading reviews where people mention having to make reservations at two restaurants. Did they change something? Did they make the Golf course restaurants reservation required? I don't recall this at all, as the only reservation we ever made was at Cancun Palace for the Japanese/Hibachi. Any information is appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace Restaurant Question

You have it all backwards. No reservations any longer at Cancun Palace Hibachi, that was changed last November. Both golf course restaurants require reservations at the Moon. I got a reservation when checking in last week but I was on a VIP member week. I heard some stories of lining up at 2:00 pm to make reservations. Did not see any better quality than the other ala carte restaurants. You will not have any problem finding good food at the Moon.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon Palace Restaurant Question

We were there in May and both golf courses did require reservations at either 6 or 8pm. There was a poster at Grand side with a number to call starting at 2pm the day you wanted to go. We went at 6 and there were plenty of tables. It's possible they will relax the reservation idea for the summer and fall months.I didn't talk to anyone who had stood in line to make them.

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon Palace Restaurant Question

Thanks for your responses. Craig, I've spent a few weeks at Moon already, so I know there are plenty of options. Just never heard of reservations being required and we were there last Summer. Woder why they startd this practice? Thanks again.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon Palace Restaurant Question

We stayed at Moon Palace this past April in the Nizuc section. The 2 restaurants at the golf club required reservations--- however you had to be over at the Sunrise section at 2:00 to make reservations for that night. We did not feel like taking the shuttle over to Sunrise just to stand in line to make reservations so we never got to try out those restaurants, but we had plenty of other ding options to chose from.

Mentioned in this post
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
24,649 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
NIZUC Resort and Spa
NIZUC Resort and Spa
2,705 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon Palace Restaurant Question

We are at Moon Palace right now. You do need reservations but can make them at any time from your room by calling the front desk. We were able to book those two a few days in advance which has been very nice. I guess they just started this new policy of booking to see how it goes. Has worked well for us.

Mentioned in this post
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
24,649 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
6. Re: Moon Palace Restaurant Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 06:15