We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Lagunamar - Family of 4 during Easter week

New York
Level Contributor
490 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Lagunamar - Family of 4 during Easter week

Hi, I am considering this property for next year's Easter break, the end of March/beginning of April. We are a family of 4 with two active boys ages 6 and 12. Would we have to worry about Spring Breakers staying at this property? Also how is the kids club/activities, particularly for our 6 year old?

Thanks!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Family of 4 during Easter week

We have been to Cancun about 12 times in the last 15 years. We normally stay at a timeshare resort called the Royal Sands however we own a Starwood timeshare so when they built the Westin Lagunamar we traded into it last year.

Personally I do not think that the Westin is the type of place the "spring breakers" are going to stay. It is expensive and does not offer any type of "young nightlife". Because it is basically timeshare villas you will find more families etc here.

In 2004 my husband and I (mid 30's at the time) took my little sisters (18 and 23) over their spring break which is the last week in March. It probably was our least favorite trip being that the buses were crowded etc with the "spring breakers". We have not been back over spring break since. With that being said if we had children or had a reason we had to go over spring break we would still go.

The villas are very nice and have a washer and dryer which comes in very handy. The pool area is great. They should have finished the second phase with another pool since we have been there. The food and beverage prices are high just like any other hotel. Easy to balance out by stopping at Wal Mart for liquor, beer, snacks, stuff for lunch etc especially for the kids.

We don't have kids so I am sorry I cannot comment on the kids club.

If you decide to stay here make sure and check out redweek.com and Tug.net, both sites have timeshare rentals by owner for all time share resorts. You will get a way better price than booking directly with Westin. This is completely unusual but this May we found our friend a 2 bedroom 2 bath for $640.00 for the entire week. There was only two of them but they rented it anyway. We will probably never see this type of deal ever again but you will find some decent prices on both site.

I hope this helps. I would be happy to try and answer any further questions that you may have.

Sincerely,

Gina

New York
Level Contributor
490 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Family of 4 during Easter week

Thank you so much for the info. We decided to use points at the West in Resort Cancun. We may decide to save the points and stay at an all inclusive whwhich is what we have been doing the last 3 years.

3. Re: Westin Lagunamar - Family of 4 during Easter week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:16