We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ado bus - HELP

Cheadle, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
ado bus - HELP

IM GETTING nervous I am hoping to catch the ado bus a week today! ( i am from the UK) i cannot prebook but i definatley need to go on the day i land. ( next tuesday 10-jun-2012) so what time does the office open? and - what time does it open and shut? my flight lands @ 13:00 (approx) ... should i go straight to the bus station?? waiting hours>?? can i leave my bags somewhre once i have booked the tickets and have a look around. thankyou

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ado bus - HELP

Where are you going after you land? There are direct routes to Playa and Merida from the airport. You wouldn't even need to go downtown. Please tell us more about where you are going and we can help.

Cheadle, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ado bus - HELP

I am heading for belize city! sorry that was a rather important part. thanks

Cheadle, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ado bus - HELP

i would love to fly or go by speed boat BUT - the cost to fly is CRAZY.... and by boat - its not possible and I have been told its not safe to hire a car ...

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,222 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ado bus - HELP

ADO operates one first class but a day to Belize. For boarding, you have two choices, either Cancun or Playa del Carmen. Since you will have awhile to entertain yourself, I would pick Playa del Carmen since you can walk to much from your arrival terminal. You will find frequennt ADO bus service to Playa and from there, the ADO bus departs at 1140PM and arrives Belize City at about 630AM.

You can buy the ticket from Playa to Belize at the airport to assure a reserved seat. Also, the Playa terminal has luggage storage. When its time to depart, you will depart from the other ADO terminal but only about a 25 peso taxi away.

It is possible to rent a car from a few companies to travel to Belize but personally, I dont like it. To me a boring drive with much hassle at the border.

Mentioned in this post
Ado
Ado
570 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Belize
Belize
Central America
5. Re: ado bus - HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:47