We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort do you think will be best?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Which resort do you think will be best?

Hi Everyone,

I am going on vacation with my boyfriend in August, and I have yet to pick the resort i'd like to stay at. We are both in our early twenties and are looking for a resort that has many food/bar options , a beautiful pool/beach, and is a cheap cab ride away from the nightlife in downtown Cancun. We are also looking for a hotel that isn't going to be completely dead at night/has great drink service to the pool/beach during the day.

I am looking at about 7 hotels right now and cannot choose. They are: The Riu Palace, The Excellence Live Aqua, Gran Caribe Real, Fiesta Americana Grand Condensa, Gran Melia, Dreams and either the Moon or Beach Palace.

i would appreciate any input I can get! I am going crazy over here.

KANSAS
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort do you think will be best?

You have resorts listed at a variety of price points and features. Some are adults only and considered more "luxury". Others are family and more casual. I would start my narrowing down the list by what is truly important. For and my husband, we want adults only at a 4-5 star resort. From your list, that would narrow it down to Live Aqua or Excellence. I also set a price point and narrow that way as well. That is why LaBlanc never makes my cut. It is too expensive for us. I hope that helps.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort do you think will be best?

Moon is too far from the clubs.

If live aqua is in your budget, I would take that. We are going in December. It has everything you need minus the nightlife.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort do you think will be best?

Are you speaking of Excellence Playa Mujeres? If so, it is nice but it is far from the night life and the Cancun strip so I wouldn't go there for what you want... You'll pay lots of $ for cabs..Have you considered Me Cancun ? I've never been but it is geared towards 20's-30's and they have a lounge and a beach club with club music on the weekends. Also they have many room categories to choose from so you can go less expensive or more expensive depending on your budget... You could also take a 15 minute walk or a 5 minute cab ride or 10 min bus ride to be at the night life so it's a great choice. Beach Palace is a great choice too but I hear it is a quieter hotel,.... You may also consider Cancun Palace... From what I hear it's a little more action then Beach Palace and also it's turning into a Hard Rock hotel by August 1st... They are doing construction now for the transformation but it is supposedly going to finish by Aug 1st.... We will be there in August... The Royal is also a great choice ...it's a quieter hotel but it is SO nice...my husband and I went there a few years back for our honeymoon when we were in our 20's and LOVED it... I know I went off your list but I hope this helps anyways.... Have fun!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort do you think will be best?

I love ME cancun but I have been reading mixed reviews about the all inclusive plan? I hear it isn't so all inclusive

Orange, California
Level Contributor
213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort do you think will be best?

I haven't been to Me but I've been reading the reviews too and I believe the problems with the all inclusive is you have to sign for things like a check but the food and drinks are included.... They do have stuff that isn't included like the Bali beds during the weekend when they have the beach club and bottle service for the beach club/night club... If this doesn't bother you much then I would consider it because it sounds like the vibe you are after and it is in a GREAT location for the night clubs.... If we were not traveling with our son, I would check it out for sure... I don't think it's a good hotel for kids and that's why Im going to Cancun Palace/ Hard Rock which I think is another hotel you should check out.... The nice thing is there are SOOO many great choices so as a prior poster noted.... You should keep budget in mind and eliminate hotels that do not meet your budget and minimum requirements and then pick between those 2-3 ...I'm interested in hearing what you choose so make sure to post ....

This will be my 5th time to Cancun and I LOVE it ...you almost can't go wrong although I will mention my first trip was to a not so nice hotel (Grand Oasis) and it was not a great trip.... So splurge all you can for a nice hotel... :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which resort do you think will be best?

I am currently debating between Me( if I can figure out the all inclusive plan), beach palace, live aqua, riu cancun/ or riu palace and the grand caribe real.

My worries with live aqua is that the crowd might not be good for me and my concern about riu cancun is that the hotel rooms and overall atmosphere is really old and outdated.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or comments

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which resort do you think will be best?

Or cancun palace...

8. Re: Which resort do you think will be best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 06:17