We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
535 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

I was recently in Puerto Vallarta and enjoyed the BEST tacos al pastor at Pepe's Tacos. I'm now obsessed with finding a place that has delicious tacos al pastor at a reasonable price in Cancun. I'm not opposed to street tacos but was hoping to find a quaint little place where I can enjoy a cheap beer and chill for a bit while enjoying my tacos. I don't mind traveling a little off the beaten path! We will be there in August. Recommendations?

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

Avenida Yaxchilan has several places that have good tacos al pastor. Almost all have 2 for 1 beer. El Piemonte, El Poblano, El Asador and Los Arcos all have good pastor. Don't know if I'd consider them quaint, but they're good.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
535 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

Great info! Thanks so much. Can't wait until August!

Ca.
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

We ate great tacos off the taco trucks in PDC. In Cancun right now and can't wait to get to PDC for a return meal!

Enjoy!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
535 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

What about habanero's in the hotel zone? Is it as good as the downtown places mentioned above? Seems to get good reviews. PDC is maybe too far for us to go for Tacos. Will keep that in mind tho if we head that way.

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
10 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

If you do happen to make it to PDC, check out Carboncitos. The best tacos al pastor we've found in years. Great food and drinks and air conditioning. 4th Street between 5th Ave & 10th Ave. Yum! Can't wait to get back there!

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

No need to travel an hour south for pastor...it's a Mexican staple and therefore good pastor can be found everywhere and anywhere.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,415 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

Agree with gb. Its such at common food in Mexico, it difficult not to find pastor anywhere you go. Its usually an item I go to when other things done really sound appealing.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

True, Robert. We have yet to make a meal of them, especially because they are most frequently ordered by piece. Will order whatever tacos I feel like and then maybe one al pastor...it'd probably make me ill to eat more than that!

9. Re: In search of the Best Tacos al Pastor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:17