We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

This is really a request, not a question. For those of you booked at Secrets The Vine soon after their anticipated August 19th opening, it would be much appreciated if you would please take the time to write a review on this new property.

The anticipation is getting to me! We are booked for late January, and typically I've read hundreds of reviews by now. I can't wait to see some early reviews come rolling in.

Thanks in advance!!

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
228 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

I know! We are booked 1st week of November! Cant wait to see some actual pics and hear how it is:)

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

Question: To book this resort, do you do so through the Secrets website? I thought the prices were kind of high for any 'grand opening' specials...

It looks like an awesome resort - very contemporary.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

~Sharon

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
228 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

Bookit and expedia had the best prices that I found. But, our travel agent matched the price:)

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
228 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

Actually,she beat the price, because it incuded transfers to /from.

KANSAS
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

My only advice for booking with Expedia is make sure you know what you want before booking. The more I learned about the resort, the more I wanted a better room. Upgrading through Expedia is almost impossible. I finally got fed up and contacted the resort directly for my upgrades. They have been fabulous!! I can not wait for the reviews!!

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
228 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

We went through our TA with GOGO travel-club ocean oceanview. I am hoping it actually has an oceanview:)

KANSAS
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

The deluxe oceanview will be on floors 1-10. If you are looking at the resorts information, they have a different numbering system. They show 1-10 as 10-20. I originally booked this catagory, then upon finding this out, wanted to upgrade. To get floors 10-18 (20-28 by the reosrts calculation) you have to be in a prefered catagory. This will get you above the neighboring resorts and have a better view IMO. I have upgraged to this catagory. Now I am debating upgrading to the Prefered Honeymoon OF to get the soaking tub my the balcony. Also it has a terrace vs a balcony.

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
228 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

We are booked for the "preferred room" as well. Wondering how much more the 'front" catergory would run us.............?

KANSAS
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

If you went through your TA, I would ask... I have the information at home. I can PM you the numbers I got directly from Secrets when I get home.. Geezzz I need to learn how to type. The post above looks like I am drunk at work.

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
228 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets The Vine - Early Reviews, Please

Got a call into to TA-thanks anyway:)